The Student Room Group

University of Reading students!

How good is the uni? What is the research like there? Would you recommend going there?

I want to firm or insurance it but I’m just researching more details. It’d be great to hear from students from there
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
How good is the uni? What is the research like there? Would you recommend going there?

I want to firm or insurance it but I’m just researching more details. It’d be great to hear from students from there

I did an integrated masters there and I loved it!! They were very supportive with career progression and gave me lots of opportunities for work placements and volunteering. COVID killed my final year a bit, but I loved the campus and the people I got to meet in my 4 years there. I also like the town a lot, but it gets a bad rep. The campus and natural areas in Reading are lovely if you know where to look.

There is also a great night life (when COVID allows) especially for the alt/rock scene, compared with my home town :smile:

How it ranks on research very much depends on the school.

Good luck, would highly recommend UoR :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

Hey Anonymous,

Sorry, we didn't see this earlier!

I'm currently a third-year pharmacy student at Reading Uni and so far it's been a really good university and I've loved my time so far! The research here is fantastic. Some of the pharmacy lecturers have been involved in creating Epidyelex a new drug for the treatment of epilepsy. I hope this shows you the quality of the research that is coming out of Reading Univerisity.

I would really recommend going there. The lecturers have been really good. But the careers service also has been next to none. They have many careers advisors who tend to stick to a department who are willing to have 1 to 1 careers chats with. This might include looking over your CV and cover letter, talking through your options or interview prep.

I hope this helps and feel free to let us know if there is something specific about the university/life here you would like to know.
From,

Amina 😊

Quick Reply

Latest