I didn't get accepted into the 6form of my choice and my mock grades were a disaster

Watch
zako23445
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I failed my mocks really bad. I got a :
English language,4
English literature4
maths,4
science,5-4
computer science,6
citizenship,4
geography,2

I got the email back from my school saying I wasn't accepted however all my other family members got accepted.

my teachers all say I'm working to a 6. However, as school draws near I don't think I would be getting those grades, maybe if I really tried yh, however I don't think in 2 weeks I can improve that much

my parents don't want me going to a different 6 form apart from my local one.

What should I do?
abi.02
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
realistically as long as you can convince your teachers that you’re working at a 6 then it doesn’t matter if you would *actually* achieve them in the exams. I don’t mean convince as in bake them cookies and tidy their classrooms, but if you’ve got your head down and participating when you go back then perhaps that’ll work? if you’re not working at them then as long as you’re making progress you should be fine, if they can see your improving they might make better judgements for you than you’re perhaps expecting yourself??
zako23445
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
For anyone in the future, it could be 10 years from now or even tomorrow. Engrave these words if you are ever in a scenario such as mine. "There is always hope...".

This is because despite doing appalling in my mocks, I worked hard and improved my grades these are my new grades.

English language,7
English literature,6
maths,6
science,7-6
computer science,5
citizenship, 6
geography,5

Despite these grades not being the best, as I am nowhere near the role model student I somehow improved my grades. This goes to show that hard work does pay off. However, don't get it wrong these are not my final grades as my final test is in MAY. but these grades do put me in a good position. I will be sure to update you guys on my final grade. Keep me in your prayers.

my final words...
“It always seems impossible until it’s done....”
tsukife
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zako23445)
For anyone in the future, it could be 10 years from now or even tomorrow. Engrave these words if you are ever in a scenario such as mine. "There is always hope...".

This is because despite doing appalling in my mocks, I worked hard and improved my grades these are my new grades.

English language,7
English literature,6
maths,6
science,7-6
computer science,5
citizenship, 6
geography,5

Despite these grades not being the best, as I am nowhere near the role model student I somehow improved my grades. This goes to show that hard work does pay off. However, don't get it wrong these are not my final grades as my final test is in MAY. but these grades do put me in a good position. I will be sure to update you guys on my final grade. Keep me in your prayers.

my final words...
ay congrats, praying for u x
Gcse33333
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by zako23445)

English language,7
English literature,6
maths,6
science,7-6
computer science,5
citizenship, 6
geography,5

my final words...
Hey Im not sure if u remember im the person who wrote whts comin up in the Geography exam i forgot my account so i had to make a new one. i just wanted to say a huge well done tbh anyhthin is possible if u put ur effort and work hard.It just the last one month more which we all have to revise for then will be doin our final examssss so GOOOOODDDD LUCK too u allll (Trust me u'll need it)Try to get higher grade in these exams coz the exams were gonna be doin know play a big part in our final grade.I WAS STUCK IN THE SAME SCENERIO AS U I WAS WITH GRADE 3,4 WHEN I FINISHED YEAR 10 I RECONGISED MY GRADES WILL NOT GET ME INTO BIODMEDICAL SCIENCE AND THE COLLEGE I DESPERATELLY WANTED TO GET A PLACE IN SO I BEGUN TO CHNAGE HOW I WAS LIKE IN CLASS AND MY APPROACH TO LEARNING.BUT KNOW I'VE GOT GRADE6,7,8 SO I CANT COMPLAIN BUT I'VE GO TO SAY EVERY SINGLE THING I'VE DONE (ALL MY EFFORT) HAS PAID OFF.I WAS ADDITIONALLOY PREDICTED 6 BUT I WAS TOLD MY PREDICTED GRADES WILL CHANGE HOPEFULLY THEY DO IF I GET GOOD IN THE LAST SET OF MOCKS.

P.S I have a quick question how the hell did u get a 7 in english language i keep getting a 6 and i really want to get better than a 6.For english language for Q2,3 i write pages upon pages but i get like 4-5 marksss which is useless for the amount of pages i write.And how do u organise your work i do Q1 then i do Q2 then Q5 then Q3 then Q4 i barely get time to do Q4 tbh.I really want to get a 7/8 in english coz thts the only subject i hate but i want to get good in it still.
Oh and how do u revise for PHYSICS im stuck on Physics i doin paper 1 i dont know how to revise for physics coz itssss just eatin away at my mind the last time i did phyiscs was in year 7
Last edited by Gcse33333; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads