The Student Room Group

Am I unique, seldom, rare, exquisite or buoyed (my own word lol)???

So whenever I listen to songs I feel like a rush of energy and it movies me. This is a physical feeling (not spiritual)...I also tend to sing songs in my head. Even if I hear songs over and over I still get that feeling!!! DO I HAVE A METAPHYSICAL connection with music??? I have a bad voice and can't play instruments or sing. I got goosebumps??? Though not in the same way as Liu Yfei when she commented (and consequently tagged naomi scott) on naomi scott's Speechless song from Aladdin!!!
Original post by Tangledseries
So whenever I listen to songs I feel like a rush of energy and it movies me. This is a physical feeling (not spiritual)...I also tend to sing songs in my head. Even if I hear songs over and over I still get that feeling!!! DO I HAVE A METAPHYSICAL connection with music??? I have a bad voice and can't play instruments or sing. I got goosebumps??? Though not in the same way as Liu Yfei when she commented (and consequently tagged naomi scott) on naomi scott's Speechless song from Aladdin!!!

Music puts you in a trance like state dont listen to it too often
Reply 2
maybe music just turns you on.

music fetish
Original post by sy!¡
maybe music just turns you on.

music fetish

No its not sexual! Its just a rush feeling in me and I am drawn to it and get obsessed...I dunno how to explain it but apparently only 1% have it (according to an article I read a few years ago)
Original post by DNARNAking
Music puts you in a trance like state dont listen to it too often

why??? I listen to disney songs (especially from live actions) and I am fine...Its nothing bad or unhealthy...
Reply 5
No its not sexual! Its just a rush feeling in me and I am drawn to it and get obsessed...I dunno how to explain it but apparently only 1% have it (according to an article I read a few years ago)

maybe you are unique, seldom, rare, exquisite and buoyed then
So you enjoy music? I don't think that makes you special.
Original post by Theloniouss
So you enjoy music? I don't think that makes you special.

No I get a goosebumpy (without physical bumps) feeling and like air thriughout my whole body. A spirit, drain, rush, energy...
Original post by sy!¡
maybe you are unique, seldom, rare, exquisite and buoyed then

Oooo this had me laughing whilst doing my pre recorded lectureeee oooo eee
No I get a goosebumpy (without physical bumps) feeling and like air thriughout my whole body. A spirit, drain, rush, energy...

Obviously I'm not you, but it sounds like you're describing enjoying something.
Original post by Theloniouss
Obviously I'm not you, but it sounds like you're describing enjoying something.

NO it's NOT that...
NO it's NOT that...

WELL then maybe you ARE special
You're a wizard. Lol jk
Is it something like synesthesia?
Original post by Stark°3000
You're a wizard. Lol jk
Is it something like synesthesia?

I don't think so...
why??? I listen to disney songs (especially from live actions) and I am fine...Its nothing bad or unhealthy...

I has been proven by science that listening to music makes your brain more suseptible to thoughts and opinions instead of thinking and pondering for yourself
Reply 15
It's a special feelings but it's also a universal feeling that a lot of people share hence why music is one of the biggest art forms that so many people love all over the world.
Original post by DNARNAking
I has been proven by science that listening to music makes your brain more suseptible to thoughts and opinions instead of thinking and pondering for yourself

Do you have a source for that?

Quick Reply

Latest