University of Leicester bachelor degree grading system

Watch
cloudyh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
hi , I want to ask about grading system in University of Leicester , I'm in my first year now in the pandemic I got 66% and the grade is pass is that mean they will write pass in the transcript or they will write upper second class ?
I have two moulds one is 70% and the other is 66% how can I calculate my GPA ?
University of Leicester
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by cloudyh)
hi , I want to ask about grading system in University of Leicester , I'm in my first year now in the pandemic I got 66% and the grade is pass is that mean they will write pass in the transcript or they will write upper second class ?
I have two moulds one is 70% and the other is 66% how can I calculate my GPA ?
Hi cloudyh ,

That's a great question! Generally speaking for your first year of study you will only be required to pass (so score 40% or above). Whether you achieve a score of 66% this does not necessarily matter, because as long as you've passed the year it will show up on 'My Student Record' as Pass and Proceed. But when you get your transcript as part of your graduation, this may say individual grades for each module. Check with your module leader/course leader if you want to be sure how it's shown on your transcript once you've graduated. Your first year doesn't technically count towards your final grade as it is used more for getting to know the course a bit more, what you'll be studying, what assessments are like etc.

This then changes when you begin your second year as the weighting of your grades increase to counting 30/40% towards your final grade, then in 3rd year it increases again to 60/70%. Therefore depending on what you score in your 2nd and 3rd year that is how your final grade will be calculated. However this does vary slightly depending on the course, so definitely worth checking beforehand. What are you currently studying?

In terms of calculating your grade I would advise logging onto Blackboard with your student account as your course should break down how your classification is worked out. As well as this you can also find University Grade Calculators on Google. If you input your course credits and then your score it should be able to work this out for you. Or alternatively if you're still experiencing problems accessing this, it may be worth contacting your department of study.

Hope that helps and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes,

Anita
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.77%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
13.21%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
15.09%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (6)
11.32%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (21)
39.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (9)
16.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise