Ellenw7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello,

I have been given an OASC date for next month and have confirmed it on the portal.

I have had no email about the day as of yet and is now in less than 3 weeks. I have tried to contact my recruiter but I have had no response.

Is anyone else in the same position?
Turbo321
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What branch are you going for?

The only experience I have of OASC's is having 3 cancelled.
Ellenw7
Rep:
?
Personnel. What branch have you applied too?

Did you receive an email before all 3 got cancelled about the day itself?
Turbo321
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It shows on your portal that you have accepted and the first time round, (this time last year) I was sent the ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES document, which contains all you need to know.
Ellenw7
Rep:
?
(Original post by Turbo321)
It shows on your portal that you have accepted and the first time round, (this time last year) I was sent the ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES document, which contains all you need to know.
That’s what I didn’t receive... I’ll try and give the AFCO a call again on Monday.

Thank you
Mobilised22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ellenw7)
Hello,

I have been given an OASC date for next month and have confirmed it on the portal.

I have had no email about the day as of yet and is now in less than 3 weeks. I have tried to contact my recruiter but I have had no response.

Ellenw7,

Fantastic to hear you have an OASC date. Best port of call is the AFCO. I was booked for OASC at the beginning of Feb 2021 but was cancelled; unfortunate but understandable.

If you don’t mind me asking, when did your application first go in?

Let us know how you get on at OASC!
Last edited by Mobilised22; 2 months ago
Ellenw7
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mobilised22)
Ellenw7,

Fantastic to hear you have an OASC date. Best port of call is the AFCO. I was booked for OASC at the beginning of Feb 2021 but was cancelled; unfortunate but understandable.

If you don’t mind me asking, when did your application first go in?

Let us know how you get on at OASC!
Thank you! I applied back in April 2020. I’m going to call AFCO again today and if I don’t hear anything back I might email RAF Cranwell as they’re the ones that organise our OASC date.

Sorry to hear yours was cancelled, hopefully you’ll get booked on very soon. When did you first apply?
Ellenw7
Rep:
?
Update: They have responded and I now have my email! I’ll let you all know how it goes in two weeks. Excited and nervous. 😬
Redjoey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What extra info did you get sent?
I’m on mine soon. Got loads of info on portal when first booked. Am I suppose to get more?
Ellenw7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got absolutely nothing on my portal.

So I asked my recruiter and they said I should have been sent a confirmation email where there’s a summary form that you need to fill out two weeks before OASC
Redjoey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh fab, sounds like what I had on my portal so assume I’ve had all I’m suppose to have thanks
esideshowbob
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Ellenw7,

If you don’t mind me asking, what was the wait between filter interview and OASC date? I’m now just waiting for a date after passing my interview last week and hoping it’ll be fairly quick as I’m going for Air Ops Control officer and know that this is something they’re desperate to get through.

Thank you and good luck for OASC.
Ellenw7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by esideshowbob)
Hi Ellenw7,

If you don’t mind me asking, what was the wait between filter interview and OASC date? I’m now just waiting for a date after passing my interview last week and hoping it’ll be fairly quick as I’m going for Air Ops Control officer and know that this is something they’re desperate to get through.

Thank you and good luck for OASC.
Hi,

Have you passed your fitness and medical first? As you have to do that before OASC. It took 9 months from my filter interview to OASC.

Hope this helps!

Thank you ☺️
esideshowbob
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,

Have you passed your fitness and medical first?
I’m already serving so fitness and medical is all current. Hopefully not having to wait 9 months for a date.
Turbo321
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Hi Ellen

Have you had your board yet? How did it go and have you got any hints or tips for us?

Thanks in advance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (118)
36.53%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (44)
13.62%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (21)
6.5%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (33)
10.22%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (39)
12.07%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (36)
11.15%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
9.91%

Watched Threads