The Student Room Group

Edinburgh A100 / MBChB for HCP 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tiel2003
I think you need to firm Edinburgh first? But I'm not sure.

I firmed Edinburgh a week ago. On the accommodation website it says that I should be able to apply but when I click on the link on myED it says that there is no information available.
Original post by mathsExpert2003
I firmed Edinburgh a week ago. On the accommodation website it says that I should be able to apply but when I click on the link on myED it says that there is no information available.

Pretty sure the accommodation applications don't open until the end of this month.

Oh right sorry.
Original post by bananas44
Pretty sure the accommodation applications don't open until the end of this month.

Oh I didn't know. Thank you for your help.
Original post by Tiel2003
Oh right sorry.

Thank you for your help anyway.
Are there any other graduates with offers? any Scottish Graduates?
Original post by NicoleDV

Me :smile: Scottish Grad
Reply 27
Me too! Hopefully a grad as long as i get through the next two months
Scottish grad here!

I'm considering going private studio for first year, is this a mistake for Edinburgh? I'm not sure I want to risk going uni accom if its randomly allocated so I won't know what I'm getting, but I'm not sure about the social situation for med students at Edinburgh
Has MyED crashed? I am trying to apply for accommodation but it is not working.
Has MyED crashed? I am trying to apply for accommodation but it is not working.

Don't think accommodation has opened yet
Original post by bananas44
Don't think accommodation has opened yet

It has opened for me. I was halfway through completing the application when the website crashed.
I’ve got an offer for Edinburgh but unsure if I should firm or not. Why are people choosing to firm Edinburgh over other uni’s? Figured hearing other people’s thought process might help!
Original post by znakanwkdjfjej
I’ve got an offer for Edinburgh but unsure if I should firm or not. Why are people choosing to firm Edinburgh over other uni’s? Figured hearing other people’s thought process might help!

Hi! I chose to firm Edinburgh because I liked how it has a more traditional course (although it’s officially classified as “integrated”). For me I would prefer consolidating the underlying science behind Medicine before focusing on developing clinical skills and interacting with patients. Edinburgh has a strong academic and research focus, which is also appealing to me. I also like how Edinburgh uses a variety of teaching methods - lectures, tutorials, PBLs. I personally wouldn’t really like or enjoy a course that focuses very heavily on lectures. Lastly I think Edinburgh is a great city to live in as a student, it’s a beautiful place with plenty to do. It isn’t too large of a city and not too small either, so it feels just right as a potential home.
I hope this helps!
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi guys, when does accommodation open? Right now it says no info on my EUCLID, do I have to firm it to apply for accoms? Cheers
Original post by amalinasugg
Hi guys, when does accommodation open? Right now it says no info on my EUCLID, do I have to firm it to apply for accoms? Cheers

31st of March and yeah you have to firm first
Hey I’m applying as a graduate but I’ll be living at home (I finish my BsC this year) 🤗 I firmed Edinburgh yesterday!

Hello! I'm also a graduate and considering my offer from Edinburgh. I'm just curious as to where you are based as I would be staying home in Glasgow and traveling in. Looking to see if anyone planning to travel or who has done and managed to work out the rough costs.:smile:
Original post by Alannah1064
Hello! I'm also a graduate and considering my offer from Edinburgh. I'm just curious as to where you are based as I would be staying home in Glasgow and traveling in. Looking to see if anyone planning to travel or who has done and managed to work out the rough costs.:smile:

Would it be possible to travel from Glasgow every day? I’m from Glasgow too but thought travelling in would make getting to lectures on time difficult?
Original post by znakanwkdjfjej
Would it be possible to travel from Glasgow every day? I’m from Glasgow too but thought travelling in would make getting to lectures on time difficult?

Having known people who have studied business and chemistry in Edinburgh and commuted from Edinburgh it is definitely possible. Challenging at times but possible haha. Although I’m aware that the demands of the medicine course like the placements in local GPs etc would make things difficult. I am however swaying more towards Dundee for which my partner and I will have to move, so feeling a mixture or terror and excitement 🤣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending