Should I try get back with my ex before uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Me and my girlfriend have both said that we don’t want to do long distance at uni so we said that we would break up in a few months time but the next day we mutually decided to break up instead of our original plan of talking about it in a few months. We have six months before university, should we get back together and enjoy the next few months knowing that it will end or just leave it ? I said I would give her space so we haven’t spoken in about a week so I’m not sure what she thinks on the matter.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
Watch to all the boys I loved before : always and forever
Anonymous #3
Report 4 months ago
If you've said you're going to break up in the near future then you've kind of already broken up. But was it really an equal decision. Who initiated the idea?
Anonymous #4
Report 4 months ago
well if you're going to break up anyway is there really any point dating?
how far away are your unis? if you dont want to do long distance then maybe you dont care about each other enough, so maybe itd just be a waste of time.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you've said you're going to break up in the near future then you've kind of already broken up. But was it really an equal decision. Who initiated the idea?
She brought up the conversation of not wanting to do long distance at uni and then that conservation led to how we would break up before uni and I noticed she said sooner is better than later but we both agreed we would have the same conversation in a couple months and see, the next day I called her and said we should end it as I didn’t like having a deadline on the relationship. So she brought it up then I broke up with her the next day but I’m just confused on if I should have.
Anonymous #1
well if you're going to break up anyway is there really any point dating?
how far away are your unis? if you dont want to do long distance then maybe you dont care about each other enough, so maybe itd just be a waste of time.
She’ll be at Exeter and I’ll be at imperial (if they give me an offer) or Manchester but if I didn’t get grades for Manchester I’d go to Bristol
Anonymous #4
Report 4 months ago
She’ll be at Exeter and I’ll be at imperial (if they give me an offer) or Manchester but if I didn’t get grades for Manchester I’d go to Bristol
that seems quite close ? i’ll be doing long distance from oxford to durham
is it just because u guys dont wanna go to uni still together ?
Anonymous #3
Report 4 months ago
She brought up the conversation of not wanting to do long distance at uni and then that conservation led to how we would break up before uni and I noticed she said sooner is better than later but we both agreed we would have the same conversation in a couple months and see, the next day I called her and said we should end it as I didn’t like having a deadline on the relationship. So she brought it up then I broke up with her the next day but I’m just confused on if I should have.
Sounds like she had decided to split and was looking for a way to initiate that in a 'rational' way.
Anonymous #4
Report 4 months ago
Sounds like she had decided to split and was looking for a way to initiate that in a 'rational' way.
exactly she sounds like she just wants to be single , maybe she’s not worth it OP
Anonymous #1
that seems quite close ? i’ll be doing long distance from oxford to durham
is it just because u guys dont wanna go to uni still together ?
Ah we are just both a bit pessimistic and realise that we personally probably won’t end up dating past uni but I do think long distance is possible it’s just not for us
Anonymous #1
Well the reason I broke it off the next day is because from what she said it sounded like she wanted to end it but didn’t go through with it. I know how it sounds from how I’ve written it but I genuinely don’t think she wanted to just be single she just didn’t want me or her to be going to uni feeling shite from a breakup
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed