The Student Room Group

Does Cirencester college live up to it's expectations?

Hi, I'm really interested in applying to Cirencester college, but it's about an hour on a train and on a bus from where I live. I love the cellege's enthusiasm towards education and I love the courses on offer. Would it be better if I just went to a college closer to where I live or should I still apply?
I've fallen in love with it but is it worth the money I'll have to spend on travel?
What sets it apart from colleges in your area? Is it really worth both a train and a bus to travel to? Do you want to go for a specific course?
I'd apply, but you don't have to make a final decision yet.
When I looked round Ciren it was pretty unappealing but there's a massive mix of people so I doubt it's hard to fit in. People come from all areas to go there but you may find few people live near you. I have friends who go and they all seem to enjoy it.
Reply 2
Original post by linedpaper
What sets it apart from colleges in your area? Is it really worth both a train and a bus to travel to? Do you want to go for a specific course?
I'd apply, but you don't have to make a final decision yet.
When I looked round Ciren it was pretty unappealing but there's a massive mix of people so I doubt it's hard to fit in. People come from all areas to go there but you may find few people live near you. I have friends who go and they all seem to enjoy it.

I really like the courses on offer and I like the independence it gives. I don't find the colleges near me very appealing and they don't do all the courses I want. Moreover, I don't like my school and don't want to go to the sixth form.

Apparently there is a direct bus from near my house, I found this out yesterday.
Original post by Lillie488
I really like the courses on offer and I like the independence it gives. I don't find the colleges near me very appealing and they don't do all the courses I want. Moreover, I don't like my school and don't want to go to the sixth form.

Apparently there is a direct bus from near my house, I found this out yesterday.

Yeah they do run a really comprehensive bus system so if there's a direct bus near you go for it, that means there will be people going to the college in your area so can make friends near you.
Remember though it will be hard for you to get home in the day as you can leave if you have no lessons etc
Hi, did you end up going to Cirencester College? If you did, do you think the journey is worth it/ what's your honest opinion of the school on thinks like the teaching/atmosphere/extra circulars, as I currently have offers from 2 different places with the other place being a sixthform rather than a college. I still have until GCSE results day to decide between them (this is really last minute I know) but I'm honestly really stuck and would love to get your opinion on if cirencester is a good place or not.
Reply 5
Original post by Caitlinnn.
Hi, did you end up going to Cirencester College? If you did, do you think the journey is worth it/ what's your honest opinion of the school on thinks like the teaching/atmosphere/extra circulars, as I currently have offers from 2 different places with the other place being a sixthform rather than a college. I still have until GCSE results day to decide between them (this is really last minute I know) but I'm honestly really stuck and would love to get your opinion on if cirencester is a good place or not.
Hey, same question here but a year later, did you end up going to Cirencester and if yes what do you think about it?
Original post by itsnotom
Hey, same question here but a year later, did you end up going to Cirencester and if yes what do you think about it?

Heyyy I did end up going (although I originally went to a sixth form and then switched to cirencester November of first year) and I'm now in my second year of college preparing for A levels. I love the college, I'd really recommend going. It's definitely very supportive and it's really nice being able to come into college when you want with lots of free time. They have 3hour and 1h30m classes so you only have 2classes a week per subject which means you have larger chunks of free time which can be used for going into ciren town with friends or having a morning/afternoon or day off. Plus, it's easier for learning as you can ask more questions in the lessons and get more help from the teacher. Larger chunks of time also means you can go over content you don't understand before the next lesson which is so helpful if you're studying subjects where the content builds off from what you've already learnt e.g maths/science. If you want to ask me anything more specific feel free to message me privately on here :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Caitlinnn.
Heyyy I did end up going (although I originally went to a sixth form and then switched to cirencester November of first year) and I'm now in my second year of college preparing for A levels. I love the college, I'd really recommend going. It's definitely very supportive and it's really nice being able to come into college when you want with lots of free time. They have 3hour and 1h30m classes so you only have 2classes a week per subject which means you have larger chunks of free time which can be used for going into ciren town with friends or having a morning/afternoon or day off. Plus, it's easier for learning as you can ask more questions in the lessons and get more help from the teacher. Larger chunks of time also means you can go over content you don't understand before the next lesson which is so helpful if you're studying subjects where the content builds off from what you've already learnt e.g maths/science. If you want to ask me anything more specific feel free to message me privately on here :smile:

Thanks! I really appreciate you replying, I think I am going to Cirencester and it's really good to hear that it's good:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending