hey what's up with TSR's view of trans people

Watch
This discussion is closed.
username1042689
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so I used to be on this site a lot as a teenager, then I went to uni and stopped using it, and now I'm back as a depressed 20-something applying for postgrad, as you do. but also I'm trans now and it seems like a lot of threads here are being, uh, weird about trans people. what's up with that
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is indicative of society's view, mixed.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think I remember your username.
username1042689
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
I think I remember your username. Personally I don't believe in the trans ideology, but that's just my own opinion.
'the trans ideology' that's a weird phrase, what's it mean
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by paradoxicalme)
'the trans ideology' that's a weird phrase, what's it mean
Some sort of organised religion revolving around social justice and political correctness. I'm not really into that stuff myself.
username1042689
Rep:
?
Some sort of organised religion revolving around social justice and political correctness. I'm not really into that stuff myself.
lmao dude i'm not an organised religion i'm a human person
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some free speech is still allowed on TSR and as DiddyDec says, this website's used by average people and average people have a variety of differing views that will be expressed here and everywhere online.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lmao dude i'm not an organised religion i'm a human person
I didn't say you were an organised religion. Humans follow all sorts of movements and religions. I don't subscribe to the movement of gender identity politics. More power to you though if that's your thing, I guess.
username1042689
Rep:
?
I didn't say you were an organised religion. Humans follow all sorts of movements and religions. I don't subscribe to the movement of gender identity politics. More power to you though if that's your thing, I guess.
eh, is it really a Church of Ideology to want a) healthcare and b) to not be hatecrimed
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
eh, is it really a Church of Ideology to want a) healthcare and b) to not be hatecrimed
Religions should not be forced on people and it should not be considered a hate crime if we want to opt out of it.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Religions should not be forced on people and it should not be considered a hate crime if we want to opt out of it.
You can't opt out of reality, these people exist and they should be treated with respect like anyone else.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
You can't opt out of reality, these people exist and they should be treated with respect like anyone else.
I respect everyone, when it's deserved. If I'm forced to respect people then it's simply forced. And actually, I can opt out of reality, I've thought a lot about it.
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
TSR's views are quite tame compared to other sites and forums.
Last edited by Foxehh; 1 month ago
username1042689
Rep:
?
-sure, and nobody should force their ideology that trans people don't exist on me, which is what a lot of them are currently doing
-by hate crime i am referring to literally being beaten up?
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I respect everyone, when it's deserved. If I'm forced to respect people then it's simply forced. And actually, I can opt out of reality, I've thought a lot about it.
Are you saying trans people don't deserve respect?
oiv141178
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
TSR is quite tame compared to other sites and forums.
That is true, at my school, people get bullied for being trans. My friend is one of those people
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
-sure, and nobody should force their ideology that trans people don't exist on me, which is what a lot of them are currently doing
-by hate crime i am referring to literally being beaten up?
Trans people do exist. I acknowledge they exist, I acknowledge that you exist. If you are deserving of respect as an individual, I will accord you that respect. If you force it on me, I will not respect you, it will simply be forced no matter how much you shove identity politics down my throat! I will not bow down to snowflakes! :mad:
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
Flors
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This thread reminds me of that tweet from oreo.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Are you saying trans people don't deserve respect?
I am not saying that, don't put words in my mouth. All people as individuals I respect, whether you are trans or not it makes no difference to me, I judge you as an individual. If you force it however, I will simply do it because it's forced.
username1042689
Rep:
?
Trans people do exist. I acknowledge they exist, I acknowledge that you exist. If you are deserving of respect as an individual, I will accord you that respect. If you force it on me, I will not respect you, it will simply be forced no matter how much you shove identity politics down my throat! I will now bow down to snowflakes! :mad:
my dude chill out i am not pointing a gun at you and telling you to recite the trans pledge of allegiance
i still have no idea what you mean by 'identity politics' though and i feel like you might want to examine that
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.57%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
15.43%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (143)
11.09%
Lack of purpose or motivation (183)
14.19%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (58)
4.5%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.58%
Loneliness (114)
8.84%
Financial worries (45)
3.49%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (59)
4.57%
Exposure to negative news/social media (59)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (113)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (118)
9.15%

Watched Threads