The Student Room Group

Physics Energy

Hi guys could someone work out these two questions and explain how they got their answer? thanks

This chest expander is made of 5 identical springs with a spring constant of 400N/m. During a home workout a person stretches the chest expander by 10cms. the person is able to do this 10 times. How much energy have they used during this work out?

This chest expander is made of 5 identical springs with a spring constant of 400N/m. During a home workout a person stretches the chest expander by 10cms. the person is able to do this 10 times. The person completes this in 10 seconds what is their power rating
Original post by mozino111
Hi guys could someone work out these two questions and explain how they got their answer? thanks

This chest expander is made of 5 identical springs with a spring constant of 400N/m. During a home workout a person stretches the chest expander by 10cms. the person is able to do this 10 times. How much energy have they used during this work out?

This chest expander is made of 5 identical springs with a spring constant of 400N/m. During a home workout a person stretches the chest expander by 10cms. the person is able to do this 10 times. The person completes this in 10 seconds what is their power rating

Alright, let me suggest you. What about you try to solve it and explain what you understand.
Reply 2
ok so what i understand so far is that he can expand the chest expander by 10 cm for 10 times, As there are 5 springs the extension would be 50cm and he does this 10 times so its 5 metres. Then i would use the equation 1/2 ke^2 which is 5000j but thats not the correct answer. Could you help me please im very confused

Quick Reply

Latest