The Student Room Group

british biology olympiad

I'm in year 12 , and my teacher selected a few of us do participate . Is there even a point in participating seeing as it's aimed at Year 13's anyways ?
Original post by sierranonis
I'm in year 12 , and my teacher selected a few of us do participate . Is there even a point in participating seeing as it's aimed at Year 13's anyways ?

It will help with Uni applications and P.S, especially if you are thinking about RG Unis, I would see it as an opportunity and grab it :yep:, I wish I could do it..:frown:
It's seen as stretching you knowledge on bio beyond the spec etc. and helps you to show unis that you're like the creme de la creme especially if you get a bronze, silver, gold award (I think that's what you call it) :biggrin:
Hope that helps!
Original post by Bookworm_88
It will help with Uni applications and P.S, especially if you are thinking about RG Unis, I would see it as an opportunity and grab it :yep:, I wish I could do it..:frown:
It's seen as stretching you knowledge on bio beyond the spec etc. and helps you to show unis that you're like the creme de la creme especially if you get a bronze, silver, gold award (I think that's what you call it) :biggrin:
Hope that helps!

Thank you , I was thinking that but I realised that there's another one targeted at year 12's in June so I might to that one . Maybe you could email your teacher and ask her to sign up your class! Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest