The Student Room Group

Feel like failure

Does anyone else feel like they've not reached their potential?
If we focus upon the negatives then we stay stuck in a rut.

Have a positive mindset, and achieve to the best of your abilities.

Even if you do fail, there’s nothing wrong with it. We all go through failure, but the outcome is what matters.

I hope you’re okay.
Reply 2
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
If we focus upon the negatives then we stay stuck in a rut.

Have a positive mindset, and achieve to the best of your abilities.

Even if you do fail, there’s nothing wrong with it. We all go through failure, but the outcome is what matters.

I hope you’re okay.

I've turned 20 and I'm not where I wanted to or could've been if I took my opportunities and you can't go back and work harder. I appreciate your, help thank you.
why do u think ur a failure~?
Original post by Anonymous
I've turned 20 and I'm not where I wanted to or could've been if I took my opportunities and you can't go back and work harder. I appreciate your, help thank you.

Your life is just starting. Take it one step at a time. You can always go forward and work smarter. Try it.

You’re welcome. 😊

Kinda think I’m heading that way😶
Reply 6
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
Your life is just starting. Take it one step at a time. You can always go forward and work smarter. Try it.

You’re welcome. 😊

Original post by jack456789
why do u think ur a failure~?

What I could have and should have acheived I didn't even though I had the opportunities because my work ethic didn't match my aspirations. I know I can only move forward now but I can't get over what I missed out on.
Reply 7
Original post by Thedentalone
Kinda think I’m heading that way😶

How so?
I'm 32 and recently went to university in order to get a degree in a field I want to work in.

You still have a lot of time to get to where you want in life.
Reply 9
I'm 32 and recently went to university in order to get a degree in a field I want to work in.

You still have a lot of time to get to where you want in life.

I'm trying to reach a stage where I can just get on with it but I just can't seem to get over the past
How so?

Ever since covid has come along, things have changed and I feel like everyone is moving forward but I can’t find the motivation to.

me but i never feel like a failure i just feel like im not doing enough which is mostly true so try to do more
Original post by the_pharaoh
me but i never feel like a failure i just feel like im not doing enough which is mostly true so try to do more

Same with me, I always had this complaint from teachers saying I don't work to my potential, revising for exams the week before. I'm starting to feel like I've missed the boat whilst everyone else is moving forwards.
Same with me, I always had this complaint from teachers saying I don't work to my potential, revising for exams the week before. I'm starting to feel like I've missed the boat whilst everyone else is moving forwards.

Atm when it got announced that it’s teacher assessed grades I got worried cuz my data might not be the best but I still have 1 chance with more mocks so I’m gonna do my best to get the grades I want

warren buffet made his first million at 31, and most of his billions past 50
I never in a million years thought I would end up a single mum at 40 and then start a university degree aged 46 (last year). it's not been easy. i am not where I wanted to be in life but I know I am way better off now than I was stuck in that rut of a marriage.

Just because things aren't going the way you wanted to or the way you think they should be, doesn't mean you are failing. You are at a crossroads now, just take a different path.
Original post by lefreakunique
I never in a million years thought I would end up a single mum at 40 and then start a university degree aged 46 (last year). it's not been easy. i am not where I wanted to be in life but I know I am way better off now than I was stuck in that rut of a marriage.

Just because things aren't going the way you wanted to or the way you think they should be, doesn't mean you are failing. You are at a crossroads now, just take a different path.

single mum? 40?
Can i get your instagram? :P
single mum? 40?
Can i get your instagram? :P

Woaaah, relax bro

i get how u feel rn. but dont worry if u havent reached ur potential theres still time.
if u didnt manage to achieve a certain thing it doesnt mean that u failed. it just means that thing wasnt meant for u. doesnt mean u keep looking at the past and miss out on even more oppurtunities. focus on the future.
i get how u feel rn. but dont worry if u havent reached ur potential theres still time.
if u didnt manage to achieve a certain thing it doesnt mean that u failed. it just means that thing wasnt meant for u. doesnt mean u keep looking at the past and miss out on even more oppurtunities. focus on the future.

Thanks. I've realised now that I'm only missing more opportunities in this mind frame. But things not being meant to be is difficult to internalise and accept when the opportunities were there and the only thing stopping me was myself. I do worry about the future and whether I will be able to come to terms with how everything turns out. Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending