Asaya
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can’t believe in writing this but I’ve failed the BFT module with 50%😭 I’m honestly so gutted as most say it’s the easiest paper. I did all the qb and the questions I got were nothing like the question bank at all. Like literally all the acronyms there are there was 0! Got severe anxiety now for the resit. Any advice would be appreciated thanks so much
K1NE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Asaya)
Can’t believe in writing this but I’ve failed the BFT module with 50%😭 I’m honestly so gutted as most say it’s the easiest paper. I did all the qb and the questions I got were nothing like the question bank at all. Like literally all the acronyms there are there was 0! Got severe anxiety now for the resit. Any advice would be appreciated thanks so much
Hi,

Don't listen to what most people say about ACA exams. Everyone's ACA exam experience is individual to them. Some people are naturally stronger at some exams than others. There is no easy paper in the ICAEW exam structure generally speaking. Some people may find some exams easier than others because of their background, such as their job role, or their academic background i.e degree, A-levels etc... or just they prefer certain exams than others.

Don't be hard on yourself. You are close to the pass mark. You only need to answer really 3 more questions right next time around to get you over the 55 pass mark. I know failing an exam can be tough to deal with. Take a little break from it for a little while if you can and then come back to it fresh.

When you're going through the question bank, don't go through it thinking you're going to get similar questions. Go through it trying to understand the question and answers. Repeatedly going through the question bank and even just flicking through your tuition provider notes can help. You can also do some of the exercise questions in the ICAEW manual. Don't read the manual but just do the Chapters questions listed at the end of each chapter as practice ?

Do you go to a tuition provider ? Are there any additional practice questions/mocks they can give to help you prepare ?
Asaya
Rep:
?
You’re right I hate these sort of exams with no numbers because I have no common sense! I despised audit and assurance at professional for this same reason.

To be honest we only started content last week for both management and BFT and had the exam on Thursday ( I’m on an intensive scheme) and I did give a lot of time to management. I’m just annoyed because I did do all the qb and BPP achievement steps I got 85 in the progress test😭

Also how a lot of my collage use did less than me and guessed and got solid passes. My questions were literally nothing like the qb there were no acronyms or anything. I think that’s what frustrating for certificate exams it’s not exactly fair when your colleagues have different papers ( I know it would be difficult so people don’t tell others answers etc.)

My resit is on the 11th March but it’s just the panic off being told I’ve failed again and will be either fired or dropped down on to the normal scheme. I’m a bit positive in the sense I actually went through the course notes for chapter 1 today and understood it a bit more and saw some things that’s came up ajd I obvs got wrong

Just fingers crossed, I just see everyone ranking it their easiest on all the things I’ve read also how I got 94 in FAR but can’t pass BFT hahaha

Thanks for your reply appreciate it
Asaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by K1NE)
Hi,

Don't listen to what most people say about ACA exams. Everyone's ACA exam experience is individual to them. Some people are naturally stronger at some exams than others. There is no easy paper in the ICAEW exam structure generally speaking. Some people may find some exams easier than others because of their background, such as their job role, or their academic background i.e degree, A-levels etc... or just they prefer certain exams than others.

Don't be hard on yourself. You are close to the pass mark. You only need to answer really 3 more questions right next time around to get you over the 55 pass mark. I know failing an exam can be tough to deal with. Take a little break from it for a little while if you can and then come back to it fresh.

When you're going through the question bank, don't go through it thinking you're going to get similar questions. Go through it trying to understand the question and answers. Repeatedly going through the question bank and even just flicking through your tuition provider notes can help. You can also do some of the exercise questions in the ICAEW manual. Don't read the manual but just do the Chapters questions listed at the end of each chapter as practice ?

Do you go to a tuition provider ? Are there any additional practice questions/mocks they can give to help you prepare ?
Also I think I could have actually applied for an exemption but for some reason either I didn’t or it got rejected wish i had it now😭 but on icaew site you can’t apply if you’ve sat it I don’t think
K1NE
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Asaya)
You’re right I hate these sort of exams with no numbers because I have no common sense! I despised audit and assurance at professional for this same reason.

To be honest we only started content last week for both management and BFT and had the exam on Thursday ( I’m on an intensive scheme) and I did give a lot of time to management. I’m just annoyed because I did do all the qb and BPP achievement steps I got 85 in the progress test😭

Also how a lot of my collage use did less than me and guessed and got solid passes. My questions were literally nothing like the qb there were no acronyms or anything. I think that’s what frustrating for certificate exams it’s not exactly fair when your colleagues have different papers ( I know it would be difficult so people don’t tell others answers etc.)

My resit is on the 11th March but it’s just the panic off being told I’ve failed again and will be either fired or dropped down on to the normal scheme. I’m a bit positive in the sense I actually went through the course notes for chapter 1 today and understood it a bit more and saw some things that’s came up ajd I obvs got wrong

Just fingers crossed, I just see everyone ranking it their easiest on all the things I’ve read also how I got 94 in FAR but can’t pass BFT hahaha

Thanks for your reply appreciate it
Well it's a quick turnaround between when you first learning the material til the exam. You still have a lot more time from now and the re-sit. Try not to focus on failing the exam, it can be distracting and that just takes away your focus the exam and studying.

I'm sure you will get through next time as you've gotten through. Maybe go through the Question bank a few more times between now and the exam, get in touch with the tutor on anything you might be unsure about ? and have another go at the progress test ? I studied with BPP for my ACA's and they had some additional questions on the online platform in each section. It could help to do them too for more practice. There are additional questions on the online platform, just need to find them.

As I said, try and do some of the questions from the ICAEW manual at the end of each chapter. There's not that many and it might just be an opportunity to look at new questions.

Be positive and believe in yourself. I'm sure you will be fine next time around. It's not a time pressured exam too from what I remember, so just relax, take your time and read the question carefully.
K1NE
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Asaya)
Also I think I could have actually applied for an exemption but for some reason either I didn’t or it got rejected wish i had it now😭 but on icaew site you can’t apply if you’ve sat it I don’t think
Yes, I don't think you can apply for an exemption after attempting the exam but don't worry about that now. Just focus on getting through.
help-me333
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bft was a weird one for me too! I was certain id get high 80s but just about got 64..

I agree, some of the questions I swear i had not seen once in the QB!
Asaya
Rep:
?
I’m glad you’ve said this! The qb was so straight forward, we must have got some of the hardest questions so unfair
sarim.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, you probably got a hard set. I had a similar situation with assurance. Failed with a 44. Then, me being me, I resat it the very next day. Passed with a 70. Turns out it was just bad luck.
Asaya
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys thanks for all your advice and support, passed with 82 thank god! Just law left in July for ceritificate heard it can be quiet arsey but here’s hoping!

sarim.x I must have done, I had a few of the same ones come up but much nicer this time!
sarim.x
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Asaya)
Hi guys thanks for all your advice and support, passed with 82 thank god! Just law left in July for ceritificate heard it can be quiet arsey but here’s hoping!

sarim.x I must have done, I had a few of the same ones come up but much nicer this time!
July? That's quite a lot of time for Law. 1 or 2 months is more than enough! :P (keep in mind, you can forget Law once you're done with it since it never comes up in the ACA again)
Asaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarim.x)
July? That's quite a lot of time for Law. 1 or 2 months is more than enough! :P (keep in mind, you can forget Law once you're done with it since it never comes up in the ACA again)
I’m on an intensive scheme so started the next 3 prof content ( FM BPT BST) will sit them early May may and then will do law 18th may ( sorry thought it was June) then the 2 advanced in July! Intense I know
B4Acnt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Asaya)
I’m on an intensive scheme so started the next 3 prof content ( FM BPT BST) will sit them early May may and then will do law 18th may ( sorry thought it was June) then the 2 advanced in July! Intense I know
There isn’t a professional sitting in May, I assume you mean June!
Asaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by B4Acnt)
There isn’t a professional sitting in May, I assume you mean June!
No we do a different makeup of exams that icaew approve so it isn’t the traditional icaew sitting
Last edited by Asaya; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (156)
42.98%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (53)
14.6%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (146)
40.22%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed