Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My nose and face are killing me, with this sinus flu stuff. Is there any way I can get rid of it today, without using medicine?

Like natural home remedy or something like that?

Love BlueAngel xxx

p.s. U know I can always count on you lot for solving my billion problems.

ReputationRep:
    Bowl of steaming hot water. Put face over it, with a few drops of something like menthol drops. And put a towel over your whole head+device, and breath in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Bowl of steaming hot water. Put face over it, with a few drops of something like menthol drops. And put a towel over your whole head+device, and breath in.
    sounds lovely, what about vicks? I love the smell of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    So why not just use vicks straight out? Or put some into the water, might help as well.

ReputationRep:
    Echinacea (sp?) is meant to be good for the immune system, but I've never tried it so I don't know if it works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)

That's one of the recommended uses of said product.

Just stir a spoonful into hot water.

Not too much though, or your eyes'll be streaming.

Though I've only ever used Olbas Oil for that, and that's much stronger. Vicks should be fine.

But just water on its own works too.

ReputationRep:
    boil water in a pan. Put 3 drops of eucalyptus (hwever that's spelt!) but a big towel over your head to make sure that the hot air doesn't get out. Open very slowly the lid. A lot of steam will get out so don't be too close or you might burn yourself. Then you inhale as deeply as you can and blow your nose as often as you can. THen slowly slowly keep opening the lid. It's a horrible thing to do but its the most efficient thing to do..trust me from experience . Then keep on inhaling deeply. Do it for 20 mins. THe longer the better really, though i can only last 20 mins! By 20 mins I usually have removed the lid completely. Once you stop and remove the towel over your head. Put a hat on as the change of temp might give you a headache. Sleep with the hat on as well (hwever ridiculous you might look) coz you need to keep it as hot as possible (your head not the hat). lol. Do the inhaltion processus at least 3 times per day and within 2 days you should recover completely as well as having a beautifull skin Gd luck! lol

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.