The Student Room Group

GLS / GLP Legal Trainee Scheme 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lawdreamer23
Yeah, I have read last years thread and ppl were saying how it was a mess that year, and the year before

Yeah! I'm sure this year is fine tho and congratulations to all that got the VRT invite!
Reply 81
Just read that thread… big yikes.

Seeing they had 6000 applications for ~50 places, too…
has anyone taken the VRT yet? Im taking the time to practice as i failed this stage last year, anyone have any good recommendations of websites that offer free practice VRT? I have done the ones provided before the test but theres not many.

Also, last year and the year before.. im sure they used a different provider for the tests? So hopefully this year will be much better.

thanks!
Am I able to click on the link for the VRT invite, without actually taking the real test and just to practice before I’m ready to take it? I’m scared to click on the link, it says practice will be available on your dashboard.
I got all the practise questions correct but I feel like it can go both ways on the real test. The way it's structured; giving you 3 minutes for 4 questions that all relate to the same text can be a little frustrating. With some sets, I took a while on the first question and then was able to zoom through the other 3 but with other sets, I took longer in the middle which resulted in rushing the 4th question.

Not really expecting to pass this tbh
Reply 85
Original post by BarBlondie
It's all on the previous years student room thread. Please who did not pass getting positions or invites, incorrect results etc etc

Indeed, it's been chaos for the past few years.

I've just been rejected at SJT too, but late on Friday afternoon also invited to the VRT. I have - like last year - received 4 e-mails in relation to this, including two separate invitations with different times allocated, none of which is correct.

I have called and e-mailed in, but of course everybody went home at 6pm on Friday and there is no support team available during the weekend.

The recruitment process is outsourced to a cheapo, gang of hustlers who - for whatever reason - are able to act with impunity.
Reply 86
Original post by Lonsheff
Am I able to click on the link for the VRT invite, without actually taking the real test and just to practice before I’m ready to take it? I’m scared to click on the link, it says practice will be available on your dashboard.

Yes, it takes you to a log in page and there are practise tests to do before the real one.
Original post by Cclittle
Referring to the website: Salaries will vary according to department and location. As an indication, the salary range is between £29,000 to £37,000 for first year trainees and £33,000 to £40,000 for second year trainees. Please note that salaries and terms and conditions are subject to review.

Does anyone know which department is paying £37,000 to first year trainees?
Original post by Grimer
Indeed, it's been chaos for the past few years.

I've just been rejected at SJT too, but late on Friday afternoon also invited to the VRT. I have - like last year - received 4 e-mails in relation to this, including two separate invitations with different times allocated, none of which is correct.

I have called and e-mailed in, but of course everybody went home at 6pm on Friday and there is no support team available during the weekend.

The recruitment process is outsourced to a cheapo, gang of hustlers who - for whatever reason - are able to act with impunity.

Ah, so the s***storm has begun.
Original post by makotoast
I got all the practise questions correct but I feel like it can go both ways on the real test. The way it's structured; giving you 3 minutes for 4 questions that all relate to the same text can be a little frustrating. With some sets, I took a while on the first question and then was able to zoom through the other 3 but with other sets, I took longer in the middle which resulted in rushing the 4th question.

Not really expecting to pass this tbh

feeling exactly the same way :frown: a few were fine but others I was rushing through after taking too long to read and answer one question. Definitely don't think I will be passing which is annoying because all the practise ones I did I got a high average :///
Reply 90
Can I just definitely confirm that once I log into the portal for the VRT I can do some practices first before doing the test? And, how long do we have to complete it, 30 minutes? Thank youuu
Reply 91
Just finished the test and can relate to the other people here who've done the same. Aced the practice questions and the example VRTs on assessment day, but felt like I did horribly here. Not sure if it was down to nerves or the questions just being more difficult or both.
Reply 92
Original post by EH0lds
Can I just definitely confirm that once I log into the portal for the VRT I can do some practices first before doing the test? And, how long do we have to complete it, 30 minutes? Thank youuu

Yes, once you log in it takes you to a dashboard page where you can select to do the proper test or do some practice questions (2 sets of 4 qeuestions). Before starting the actual test itself you're given 1 more set of 4 practice questions as well.

And the test itself is split into 8 sets of 4 questions, with each set having a 3 minute time limit.
Original post by Thios42
Just finished the test and can relate to the other people here who've done the same. Aced the practice questions and the example VRTs on assessment day, but felt like I did horribly here. Not sure if it was down to nerves or the questions just being more difficult or both.

I am going to do mine later but I am worried about this too. I usually do well on these, but I am nervous. I know even if I do manage to make it through to the next stage, I am TERRIBLE at CRT tests so I will fall at that hurdle instead lol.
Original post by Thios42
Yes, once you log in it takes you to a dashboard page where you can select to do the proper test or do some practice questions (2 sets of 4 qeuestions). Before starting the actual test itself you're given 1 more set of 4 practice questions as well.

And the test itself is split into 8 sets of 4 questions, with each set having a 3 minute time limit.

Are you able to do the practice questions, log out and log back at another time to do the actual test?
Just done the VRT. That was hard. I got all of the practice ones correct, but definitely don't feel as confident about the actual test. Having different sets which only had 3 mins each sort of threw me off too, as some sets I could get through with lots of time left over, but then couldn't use that extra time for the subsequent sets which were more difficult.

For those asking about the practice test, yes you can log on and attempt it and it will just take you back to your dashboard afterwards (not straight into the actual test).
So I finally plucked up the courage to take the test.

It was terrible. One of my answers I don't think logged because I didn't hit the second confirmation in time. I never usually struggle for time either, but that was TIGHT, and the panic definitely made me mess up more. It's annoying that time doesn't carry over in each set but oh well.

I'm definitely getting a rejection after this.
Reply 97
Original post by lawdreamer23
So I finally plucked up the courage to take the test.

It was terrible. One of my answers I don't think logged because I didn't hit the second confirmation in time. I never usually struggle for time either, but that was TIGHT, and the panic definitely made me mess up more. It's annoying that time doesn't carry over in each set but oh well.

I'm definitely getting a rejection after this.

Hey! I just had exactly the same problem! But I just called the test provider and they said that so long as you have made a selection, it will still register it if you do not click confirm or the second confirmation button. It just takes whatever you had selected when it times out :smile:
Reply 98
Love a test that is supposedly about accuracy that then logs your completion time as an hour earlier than it was because they can’t cope with British Summer Time (BST)…

Can’t say I loved the test but oh well, what’s done is done.
Just completed the test :frown: ...... at least i have my health

Quick Reply

Latest