The Student Room Group

Anyone else feels uncomfortable in revealing clothes?

I never wear crop tops or t shirts with anything but a long or short sleeve. I also don't like tight fitting clothes. Is this just me? I just feel very uncomfortable in clothes that reveal skin.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I like short sleeved T shirts and tight jeans. I wear skirts too.That is all I wear to be honest.

I don't like shorts or bikinis.
Original post by exo stan
I like short sleeved T shirts and tight jeans. I wear skirts too.That is all I wear to be honest.

I don't like shorts or bikinis.

I only wear longer shorts and 1 piece swimming costume with shorts.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous1502
I only wear longer shorts and 1 piece swimming costume with shorts.

Do you wear dresses or skirts? What are the outfits that you wear to partying or the nightclub?

I don't like swimming or going to the beach anyway so that doesn't apply to me
Do you wear dresses or skirts? What are the outfits that you wear to partying or the nightclub?

I pretty much always went to clubs in jeans (black jeans are such a useful thing to own). Can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've worn a dress on a night out. Wore one for a sports ball and graduation, that's about it.
The only time I've worn dresses or shorts casually was on holiday when it was 40 degrees and I was abroad so nobody I knew would see me anyway so I didn't care as much if I looked weird in a dress.

I love swimming but that's always in a one piece (usually wear 2 swimming costumes if I'm swimming properly because that's what we had to do in lessons and the habit just stuck)
I never wear crop tops or t shirts with anything but a long or short sleeve. I also don't like tight fitting clothes. Is this just me? I just feel very uncomfortable in clothes that reveal skin.

Yes I do, I mean I will wear that stuff, but I won't wear stuff like really short skirts and V necks that are really long.

same, i dont mind t shirts, but i havent worn a short skirt since i was 6years old probably, i feel comfortable in baggy trousers, oversized tshirts, longsleeved tops, thats my style :smile: i dont like my figure showing
Reply 7
Original post by boods8897
I pretty much always went to clubs in jeans (black jeans are such a useful thing to own). Can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've worn a dress on a night out. Wore one for a sports ball and graduation, that's about it.
The only time I've worn dresses or shorts casually was on holiday when it was 40 degrees and I was abroad so nobody I knew would see me anyway so I didn't care as much if I looked weird in a dress.

I love swimming but that's always in a one piece (usually wear 2 swimming costumes if I'm swimming properly because that's what we had to do in lessons and the habit just stuck)

Interesting and cool

What t shirts? Bralettes? low cut? V necks? Or short sleeved? Or full sleeved? Or jumpers?
Nope, I actually feel more comfortable in more revealing clothes- I feel like clothes that cover up make me look bulky

I never went to a night club or a party before. I like wearing dresses but black dresses with long sleeve or short sleeve that are long and not too tight fitting. Black is my favourite colour.
I wear cargo shorts in the spring, summer and fall. And jeans in the winter. Then a tshirt and hoody. I don't like revealing clothes or tight ones, my jeans and shorts are usually pretty baggy but I do wear a belt.
I see plenty of people who think like you, even in the summer. Though this thread reminded me of a walk on a mild Saturday in early December, when a group of young women were going into the sea, and the bikinis worn by two of them were really tiny.
Reply 12
We live in multicultural environment and pluralistic society so no need to be felt uncomfortable.
As well as world is getting shrinking and merging day by day and seeing future will not be any more nation state.
In short we should allowing to everyone how to dressed, even your wife or husband, sister or brother, and so on.
Reply 13
Original post by PollyParrot23
Nope, I actually feel more comfortable in more revealing clothes- I feel like clothes that cover up make me look bulky

Precisely my girlfriend said same as you, unless office, duty or official meeting.
Reply 14
beach fashion for you

beach.jpg
Reply 15
Original post by PollyParrot23

Precisely my girlfriend say same thing as you said.
She never shy to wear revealing and exposure outfits publicly, especially on vacation.
There are other people out there that feel the same, everyone is different and prefers wearing particular clothes. There is nothing wrong with it, wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing
Reply 17
Original post by scorpion95
There are other people out there that feel the same, everyone is different and prefers wearing particular clothes. There is nothing wrong with it, wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing

Your answer is fairly well and suppose to be respected eachother with peacefully and harmoniously.

Thats just the way you are. I would wear a shirt that rises up a bit but not a crop top or bikini or shorts
Reply 19
I wear short skirts and dresses but only if I've got tights or shorts on underneath

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending