The Student Room Group

What do I do after I graduate?

So I'm in my last year of CS from York, probably going to get a 2:1 (maybe a 1:1 if my dissertation goes well but I'm not hopeful)

I'm kinda lost on what to do next, I have zero degree relevant work experience, very little on my github page (I have made a lot of small projects but I lost them all when I cleared my computer), I can't really see anyone hiring me like this.

I feel like my best plan after graduating would be to get a part-time job at retail job and spend all of my spare time bringing my skills up to scratch, re-establishing my love for technology, and filling my github page with projects while applying to entry level positions non stop until someone finally takes me onboard

Sound like a good plan?
Reply 1
Original post by Vindria
So I'm in my last year of CS from York, probably going to get a 2:1 (maybe a 1:1 if my dissertation goes well but I'm not hopeful)

I'm kinda lost on what to do next, I have zero degree relevant work experience, very little on my github page (I have made a lot of small projects but I lost them all when I cleared my computer), I can't really see anyone hiring me like this.

I feel like my best plan after graduating would be to get a part-time job at retail job and spend all of my spare time bringing my skills up to scratch, re-establishing my love for technology, and filling my github page with projects while applying to entry level positions non stop until someone finally takes me onboard

Sound like a good plan?

That sounds useful, to continue developing your coding skills. Perhaps you could apply for service desk/IT support kind of roles as well. They're generally entry level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending