The Student Room Group

A level appeals ?

Hi , I was wondering if anyone had an idea how appeals for 2021 a levels would work.
for example if I were to get a good grade in my end of year mock but my teachers gave my a lower grade at the end of the year would I be able to appeal ?
surely my mock that I've never seen before would be a better representation compared to a few topic tests ? I hate Covid, I just wish I could do the exams .
Original post by hannah12389
Hi , I was wondering if anyone had an idea how appeals for 2021 a levels would work.
for example if I were to get a good grade in my end of year mock but my teachers gave my a lower grade at the end of the year would I be able to appeal ?
surely my mock that I've never seen before would be a better representation compared to a few topic tests ? I hate Covid, I just wish I could do the exams .

I wouldn’t be trying to preempt appeals due to academic dissatisfaction. With the inflated grades & teachers pushing for as high grades as possible it seems unlikely many people will be hard done by.

Just focus on preparing for the assessment method your school is using mini exam or other.
Original post by mnot
I wouldn’t be trying to preempt appeals due to academic dissatisfaction. With the inflated grades & teachers pushing for as high grades as possible it seems unlikely many people will be hard done by.

Just focus on preparing for the assessment method your school is using mini exam or other.

thanks for the reply so do you not think it'll work ?
Original post by hannah12389
thanks for the reply so do you not think it'll work ?

I mean I dont know the methodology your school will use but you've not even had your grade yet.

I think your priorities are focused on the wrong thing at this point in time, I think you should be more concerned with performing well on upcoming assessments not trying to pre-judge if your grade assessment used by your school is representative or not.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mnot
I mean I dont know the methodology your school will use but you've not even had your grade yet.

I think your priorities are focused on the wrong thing at this point in time, I think you should be more concerned with performing well on upcoming assessments not trying to pre-judge if your grade assessment used by your school is representative or not.

PRSOM
Reply 5
Your centre will give you details of how to challenge the results when you get them. No point worrying about it until then.

Quick Reply

Latest