studenttwo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kat2003)
Hi everyone, just wondering if Dundee emails us after we receive an offer through track?
idk i haven't received one , although i did get the one about open days
CynicalHair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Any tips to be wary about private landlords and what area should I look for, DD1 or DD2?
star77
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CynicalHair)
Any tips to be wary about private landlords and what area should I look for, DD1 or DD2?
Wondering the same thing! Looking to rent a one bedroom or a studio. Most are near the city centre so will probably have to take a bus to get to the med school. Any insight from current students will help!
Rebecca:):):)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any recommendations on what you needed for 1st year medical school. ??I'm starting at Dundee in September and to ease the financial pressure im going to ask for some items for my birthday which is in the summer. I would love to know any books , equipment etc that you needed throughout the year.

thanks
amcb3112
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Rebecca, first of all congratulations! I personally wouldn't rush into buying a load of textbooks, there's so many great online resources that are free. A lot of the text books that are helpful I managed to download for free off the internet on a site called 'pdf drive'. It's a great way to save money and also gives you the opportunity to decide if you want to invest! I would recommend buying the Oxford handbook of clinical medicine, known as the 'Cheese and Onion' here! It's small and compact and I don't think is too expensive. You will eventually need a stethoscope but do not feel like you have to rush into getting one. The clinical skills centre has spares if needed! But if you are going to invest, Medisave do discount!
evadawgie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by amcb3112)
Hi Rebecca, first of all congratulations! I personally wouldn't rush into buying a load of textbooks, there's so many great online resources that are free. A lot of the text books that are helpful I managed to download for free off the internet on a site called 'pdf drive'. It's a great way to save money and also gives you the opportunity to decide if you want to invest! I would recommend buying the Oxford handbook of clinical medicine, known as the 'Cheese and Onion' here! It's small and compact and I don't think is too expensive. You will eventually need a stethoscope but do not feel like you have to rush into getting one. The clinical skills centre has spares if needed! But if you are going to invest, Medisave do discount!
Rebecca:):):) idk if you received a notification for this so I tagged you just in case!
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by amcb3112)
thank you !
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by evadawgie)
Rebecca:):):) idk if you received a notification for this so I tagged you just in case!
thanks x
shipguy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hey team

congrats to all offer holders.

anyone know much about the summer school , and obtaining AAAA for it? Is the summer school extremely difficult?

AAAA sounds quite high...

Cheers.
Maria.mcewan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shipguy)
hey team

anyone know much about the summer school , and obtaining AAAA for it? Is the summer school extremely difficult?

Cheers.
Well done to you too! I went to an information meeting about the summer school, and I got the impression it’s hard work, but they want you to pass. I’ve firmed Dundee and have accepted the summer school offer. Has anyone done it last year?
amber0321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hey team

Cheers.
Hi! I don’t know too much about the summer school but from what I’ve heard it’s roughly equal to Scottish higher level and about the same difficulty. Congrats on your offer!
shipguy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dear all,

Due to financial difficulties- i am thinking of deferring my place by 1 year. Is this possible? I am an offer holder for the Gateway Course.

Thanks Amber and Maria for the kind words and info.

Regards,
Last edited by shipguy; 4 weeks ago
imogen08
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dear all,

Due to financial difficulties- i am thinking of deferring my place by 1 year. Is this possible? I am an offer holder for the Gateway Course.

Thanks Amber and Maria for the kind words and info.

Regards,
Best thing to do is email them, I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to tell you if you can or not
mahon67493
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is anyone applying for the Dow scholarship?
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mahon67493)
Is anyone applying for the Dow scholarship?
yeh i m going to. i haven't go the application from yet , have you ?x
star77
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anyone really confused about accomodation? Having a really hard time deciding where to live
mahon67493
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rebecca:):):))
yeh i m going to. i haven't go the application from yet , have you ?x
I got an email with the form a few days ago
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mahon67493)
I got an email with the form a few days ago
yeh just realised i did too x
Alannah1064
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello! I am a Scottish graduate, currently living in Glasgow and considering my offer to study medicine at Dundee. I was absolutely overwhelmed when I got my offers (Dundee, Edinburgh and St. Andrews) and admittedly gutted when I got the rejection from Glasgow. Buuut hey ho! I’m wondering if there are others who have firmed Dundee or like me are considering it and are up for starting a chat? 😊 hope everyone is well! If you didn’t get in this year don’t be too disappointed, just pick yourself up and try again, just get plenty work experience and don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty haha. This was my second try.
Last edited by Alannah1064; 3 weeks ago
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Alannah1064)
Hello! I am a Scottish graduate, currently living in Glasgow and considering my offer to study medicine at Dundee. I was absolutely overwhelmed when I got my offers (Dundee, Edinburgh and St. Andrews) and admittedly gutted when I got the rejection from Glasgow. Buuut hey ho! I’m wondering if there are others who have firmed Dundee or like me are considering it and are up for starting a chat? 😊 hope everyone is well! If you didn’t get in this year don’t be too disappointed, just pick yourself up and try again, just get plenty work experience and don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty haha. This was my second try.
This thread (the one we're in now) is your group chat.

Remember, for your protection, off site social media group chats are not allowed on TSR. It's because we don't know who makes them and who joins them, some of you are under 18 and there is a safeguarding issue.

This includes via PM as well - get to know your fellow offer holders here in the forum!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (199)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (571)
14.5%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (443)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (541)
13.73%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (196)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (236)
5.99%
Loneliness (331)
8.4%
Financial worries (145)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (154)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (178)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (221)
5.61%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (353)
8.96%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (371)
9.42%

Watched Threads