The Student Room Group

alevel

hi I am planning to take 3 alevels exams in 4 months as a private candidate. I know and I've heard its least possible to complete 3 alevel subjects within these few months but I am determined. Anyone can give me some advices on the easiest/higher chance of subjects to complete within these months? I could really need more advice/tips now.
That’s a sticky situation but I’m sure you’ll be able to pass the exams if you put the effort in. Here’s the revision technique I use ;

1. Learn - use videos , revision guides, textbooks and other reliable online resources to create your own written notes or flash cards which you can read over later .

2. Practice - practice what you’ve learnt with textbook questions , revision workbook questions , looking over your flash cards etc etc

3. Test - test yourself on an entire topic by completing exam-style questions on a particular topic .

4 . Assess - Practice papers ; do as many as you can , make note of your weaknesses . Revise your weak areas and then attempt more practice papers .
Original post by youngjustice26
That’s a sticky situation but I’m sure you’ll be able to pass the exams if you put the effort in. Here’s the revision technique I use ;

1. Learn - use videos , revision guides, textbooks and other reliable online resources to create your own written notes or flash cards which you can read over later .

2. Practice - practice what you’ve learnt with textbook questions , revision workbook questions , looking over your flash cards etc etc

3. Test - test yourself on an entire topic by completing exam-style questions on a particular topic .

4 . Assess - Practice papers ; do as many as you can , make note of your weaknesses . Revise your weak areas and then attempt more practice papers .

Also time management is key for you, make a revision timetable !!!

Good luck :smile:
Original post by youngjustice26

Thank you!!
Are you sure you’re going to be able to? The government announced that no summer exams are going ahead, I would assume that means that the papers aren’t being made available to private candidates either?
Original post by ry7xsfa
Are you sure you’re going to be able to? The government announced that no summer exams are going ahead, I would assume that means that the papers aren’t being made available to private candidates either?

hi im not taking exams in the UK for my country here they are still available to take:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest