_Nikky_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone!

I will be starting at East 15 this year (Southend Campus) and started this thread so maybe we can get to know each other a bit. It's a bit daunting going away on your own so maybe this can help Any other prospective students out there?
blehismyname
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _Nikky_)
Hi everyone!

I will be starting at East 15 this year (Southend Campus) and started this thread so maybe we can get to know each other a bit. It's a bit daunting going away on your own so maybe this can help Any other prospective students out there?
Hi sorry I'm not studying there I'm actually in the process of applying for Musical Theatre but I don't know how to decide which unis r good for this degree. How did you kno?
_Nikky_
Rep:
?
(Original post by blehismyname)
Hi sorry I'm not studying there I'm actually in the process of applying for Musical Theatre but I don't know how to decide which unis r good for this degree. How did you kno?
Ohh nicee!!! Well I don't know much about musical theatre unfortunately :/ But here's the way I went about selecting which drama schools I would be applying to: I started off with watching a lot of YouTube videos from students about their experiences at the schools, how their audition process was, etc. Then I went into researching which schools I actually like, and picked 8 of those to audition for. I also attended some virtual open days to get a feel of what the school was like.

My recommendation would be to do a LOT of research. That's the only way to know which school is most likely to suit your needs. Read up on the modules included in your course, check out some past performances produced by Musical Theatre students from that school, check what scholarships they offer - things along those lines. You're always going to have a favourite school, but I would say it's important to apply to more than one because auditions are very hit or miss. Rejections are very common but that's no reason not to try And a rejection isn't a reflection of your abilities as a performer! It just means that you didn't fit what they were looking for in that particular year. I hope this helped you in some way! Huge good luck for your auditions!!
blehismyname
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah Thank You so much. This really helped. I didn't think of looking their productions. I will be applying to 5 cuz that's the UCAS limit :/ oooo virtual open days and youtube good idea I will be doing that too nowI'm really nervous abt the auditions so I needed to hear that. Thank You
_Nikky_
Rep:
?
Ah Thank You so much. This really helped. I didn't think of looking their productions. I will be applying to 5 cuz that's the UCAS limit :/ oooo virtual open days and youtube good idea I will be doing that too nowI'm really nervous abt the auditions so I needed to hear that. Thank You
Oh yeah you're right about the limit :/ I managed to apply to more than 5 cos some schools ask you to apply directly with them. It might be the same for some MT schools. It's fine to be nervous, everyone is! Just don't second guess yourself and go for it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you You've got this!!
blehismyname
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aww thank you so much ur an amazing person. Wish u all the best fof ur time at East 15. 🤞
_Nikky_
Rep:
?
Aww thank you so much ur an amazing person. Wish u all the best fof ur time at East 15. 🤞
That's so sweet of you to say! ☺️ Thanks a million ❤️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (166)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (498)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (379)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (473)
13.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (164)
4.83%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (208)
6.13%
Loneliness (288)
8.49%
Financial worries (122)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (155)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (186)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (302)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.28%

Watched Threads