The Student Room Group

Warwick or Durham

Hello Everyone,

I have received an offer to study PPE at Durham but I am also waiting to hear still from Warwick.

I just wondered if anyone could give me some insight on the difference between the two and which one you would pick. For me I am really drawn to the course at Warwick I think it looks better and is more flexible but I wonder would I be happier at Durham living under the collegiate system. The main issue is I don’t know a lot about uni life at Warwick and I’ve never been to the campus.
Reply 1
Original post by PoliticsProbe
Hello Everyone,

I have received an offer to study PPE at Durham but I am also waiting to hear still from Warwick.

I just wondered if anyone could give me some insight on the difference between the two and which one you would pick. For me I am really drawn to the course at Warwick I think it looks better and is more flexible but I wonder would I be happier at Durham living under the collegiate system. The main issue is I don’t know a lot about uni life at Warwick and I’ve never been to the campus.

Heya I’m in a really similar position - i have a Warwick PPE offer and am waiting on my Durham PhilPol offer... I am also drawn towards durham and its student life because of the collegiate system and am a bit sceptical of the campus environment at Warwick but I’m leaning towards Warwick just because the course is so established and I think (hope) that I could also have fun at Warwick. Not to be crude, but don’t think about this too much until you get your Warwick offer as the offer rate is around 25% and lots of qualified applicants don’t get a place. After you get your offer, the only advice I can give is to watch various videos on YouTube to get a feel for Warwick campus life and you may be able to kinda determine whether you’d like it without actually visiting - there is no answer any one person can give you as to what will be best for you. Weigh up the pros and cons of each uni/course (I don’t know the specifics about durham PPE but it is still a highly respected course, although Warwick’s is better (in my opinion) both in terms of reputation and modules/flexibility) and also reflect on whether the course or uni life is more important to you. Hope this somewhat helps :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply