The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Uni Accommodation 2021

Hey Guys! I hope this thread is useful!! We can talk all things Warwick Uni Accommodation :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Which accom are people thinking of?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Are there any studio accommodation very close to Warwick campus?
Original post by CathHomann
Are there any studio accommodation very close to Warwick campus?

Yes there is a very nice place really close to campus called 'Student roost - the oaks' :smile:
Oh tq for starting this thread
Reply 5
When does accommodation open and fill up? Warwick send an email that they are experiencing challenges and offers likely delayed to 20 May. Concerned too late then to find good accommodation?
When does accommodation open and fill up? Warwick send an email that they are experiencing challenges and offers likely delayed to 20 May. Concerned too late then to find good accommodation?

i saw that it opens in april. but i’m not sure
Reply 7
I thought Warwick don’t offer accommodation on a “first come first served” basis. As long as you apply by the July deadline the choices are all reviewed equally and you don’t get allocated one until after offers day...?
Original post by Amp242
I thought Warwick don’t offer accommodation on a “first come first served” basis. As long as you apply by the July deadline the choices are all reviewed equally and you don’t get allocated one until after offers day...?

This is how they allocated in 2020 so it's probably the same:

'HOW WE ALLOCATE
The majority of applications for students holding a conditional offer are allocated through a series of
computer ballots which aim to match students to one of their six hall preferences. A ballot will take
place around the third week of August for students who have met all three conditions outlined above,
and subsequent ballots will take place on a rolling basis.
While we take your preferences into account, there is no guarantee that you will be allocated to
accommodation which matches your preferences. It is also possible that further accommodation
options will be added or removed after you have notified us of your preferences, and you may be
allocated to an option that was not advertised when your application was submitted. Arrangements
for students who do not meet the guarantee criteria by the deadline (including those with offers of
study through clearing and insurance) will be confirmed in August 2020.'
And also this: (again from last year so may not be the same)

'To be guaranteed first-year undergraduate accommodation as a new, full-time student you will have:
1. Made Warwick your firm choice before 31 July 2020
2. Submitted your accommodation application online by 31 July 2020
3. Hold an unconditional firm offer of study at Warwick by 19 August 2020
We aim to allocate all new first-year undergraduate students on campus, including those who have
applied through clearing or adjustment. If you do not meet the conditions above, you are not
guaranteed accommodation, but your application will be considered once you have an unconditional
firm offer of study at Warwick.'
Original post by Anonymous
Yes there is a veryi nice place really close to campus called 'Student roost - the oaks' :smile:

Is The Oaks run by the uni or is this private? Tq!
Reply 11
Original post by truediver
Is The Oaks run by the uni or is this private? Tq!

I thought it was private
I thought it was private

Thank you
Reply 13
Original post by truediver
Thank you

I see it is listed private and via student roost on Warwick website ( for ensuites only)
I see it is listed private and via student roost on Warwick website ( for ensuites only)

Thank you!
Yeah it it private but it's studio accommodation if that's what you are after!
Reply 16
Jack Martin looks like a good en-suite price and central location. Wonder how much of a pain it is to vacate at Easter.. 🤔
Hey guys, I am a postgrad trying to figure out accommodation is it a great idea staying at city point in Coventry City Centre?Thanks
I’m liking the look of the Cryfield townhouses, have you guys heard any pros and cons about this accom?
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
I’m liking the look of the Cryfield townhouses, have you guys heard any pros and cons about this accom?

Mainly pros... only cons I have seen are slight lack of storage in bedroom: small open wardrobe etc

Quick Reply

Latest