The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well he doesn't live here now (obvs) but Simon Cowell went to my old school for a short period, the drummer from The Clash lives in River which is attached to Dover. I think there's a couple more as well. Vic Reeves is somewhere in Kent and Jeffrey Archer may have gone to my old school as well.
Reply 41
Claire from steps *facepalm*

On a broader scale...LONDON :yep:
cpj1987
I lived in Clevedon for a while, and in Nailsea for a year in a caravan in a distant relatives garden when I was eight or nine. That's pretty cool :smile:
Johnny Depp did move in as far as I know, as my family saw him a lot (particularly my stepdad who was working on houses on the marina right by the one he supposedly bought), but don't know if he ended up staying - I think my Mum's still convinced he's there, though it'd surprise me. He also apparently has a(nother) house in Bath.
Portishead definitely doesn't seem small now. When I go back to visit at Christmas I'm always amazed by the population growth, and the hundreds of extra buildings that seem to have sprouted from nowhere...nothing like what I remember growing up!

Have you been round the marina...looooads new houses
and woo for clevedon, which schools did you go?
Reply 43
I honestly cant think of anyone famous near me :s-smilie:

oh except charles dickins
Reply 44
nuttygirl
:eek3: Matthew Wright :love:

i know, thats the one im most proud of from where i live. a close second is roy from eastenders for me personally :p:
Reply 45
anna_spanner89
Have you been round the marina...looooads new houses
and woo for clevedon, which schools did you go?

Looked around it when it was being built, and my Mum dragged me around last Christmas (supposedly to celeb-hunt), but I've not seen it since. I saw on signs last year that they were building shops and cafes etc. there; I look forward to seeing if that went ahead.
I lived in Manchester up until halfway through year two, then left and had half a year out of school (when I lived in Nailsea). I went to All Saints school for years three and four once I'd moved to Clevedon, but then ended up going to Clifton High for years five and six before starting at Gordano.
cpj1987
Looked around it when it was being built, and my Mum dragged me around last Christmas (supposedly to celeb-hunt), but I've not seen it since. I saw on signs last year that they were building shops and cafes etc. there; I look forward to seeing if that went ahead.
I lived in Manchester up until halfway through year two, then left and had half a year out of school (when I lived in Nailsea). I went to All Saints school for years three and four once I'd moved to Clevedon, but then ended up going to Clifton High for years five and six before starting at Gordano.

ahh I have LOADS of friends that went gordano, how long were you there for????

and clifton high..lol he rival to my old secondary school..
Reply 47
Alexander Graham Bell- the guy who invented the telephone went to my high school.
Sean Connery- bond!
Chris Hoy- olympics guy
Ian Rankin- met him in waterstones
Kirsty Gallacher- pure hot'ness
J. K. Rowling- wrote harry potter in edinburgh
No one. If you were famous and probably had a lot of money, you wouldn't to live where I lived.
Reply 49
anna_spanner89
ahh I have LOADS of friends that went gordano, how long were you there for????

and clifton high..lol he rival to my old secondary school..

Where did you go? (Hope we're not de-railing this thread too much!)
I was at Gordano right through from Year 7 (Sept 1999) to Year 13 (July 2006). My brother and sister are both there now. :smile:
Reply 50
charlie dimmock lives upstairs.

true story.
Nick Hancock :biggrin: he came into my work not long ago and plonked a big Morrissons bag on the desk, it was so hard to keep my face straight that it hurt.
And Phill "the power" Taylor :P
cpj1987
Where did you go? (Hope we're not de-railing this thread too much!)
I was at Gordano right through from Year 7 (Sept 1999) to Year 13 (July 2006). My brother and sister are both there now. :smile:

Would you know alsi cossham? Julian harvey? Ben harvey?
Reply 54
Eric Morecambe, that guy from Red Dwarf and several footballers in Harpenden
Reply 55
anna_spanner89
Would you know alsi cossham? Julian harvey? Ben harvey?

Yep. In my year. :biggrin:
cpj1987
Yep. In my year. :biggrin:

oh wow! Julians getting married, too manu...andddddd, alsi worked with me as a bra fitter at john lewis, she's still there now!!
Reply 57
anna_spanner89
oh wow! Julians getting married, too manu...andddddd, alsi worked with me as a bra fitter at john lewis, she's still there now!!

To Manou Murphy?
I've not really been in touch with anyone from school, but that's exciting stuff! Know when they're getting married?
Do you see them a lot then? :biggrin:
Reply 58
Churchill was our MP :smile:
Clement Atlee
Sylvia Pankhurst
The lead singer of Bloc Party

And less impressively...Ashley Cole, Sheringham & Danielle Lloyd.
Reply 59
badly drawn boy lives really close to me (well from my parents house now as ive gone to uni!) - ive seen him around:smile: also the guy who did robot wars and is now in corrie - there are various other corrie cast members around too! and man u footballers live close-ish!
now im in plymouth the only one i can think of would be Tom Daley the 14 year old diver!

Latest

Trending

Trending