r/milk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
The Robson History Prize is an essay prize and competition offered by Cambridge University for anyone who doesn't know!

Is anyone else doing it?

If so, out of curiosity, what question have you picked?
arshdixit893
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by r/milk)
The Robson History Prize is an essay prize and competition offered by Cambridge University for anyone who doesn't know!

Is anyone else doing it?

am a private candidate from india who hasn't even taken history, very interested in the subject though emailed them asking how it would work out for me and if I am eligible.
arshdixit893
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by r/milk)

Is anyone else doing it?

forgot to say, thanks a lot for posting this I had no idea this was existed, the 2 questions I liked most are How and why did gender relations change during the twentieth century? and Was the partition of India an outcome of the British colonial policy of ‘divide and rule’? I have 10 other questions shortlisted too, will start reading on both.

my A levels are all STEM though, last time I wrote an essay was 6 years ago, what A levels are you doing?
r/milk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by arshdixit893)
forgot to say, thanks a lot for posting this I had no idea this was existed, the 2 questions I liked most are How and why did gender relations change during the twentieth century? and Was the partition of India an outcome of the British colonial policy of ‘divide and rule’? I have 10 other questions shortlisted too, will start reading on both.

my A levels are all STEM though, last time I wrote an essay was 6 years ago, what A levels are you doing?
No worries! I wish you the best of luck if you're doing it.

I'm studying sociology, English literature, and history.

I'm pretty sure even though you are studying solely STEM subjects, doing an essay would showcase great commitment to your academic interest in your personal statement if you're (assumably) planning to apply to a British university!
Lucyyyym
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm going to enter as I want to do history at university! The question I think I'm going to do is:
'To what extent did the 1832 Reform Act increase the role of ‘popular opinion’ in British politics?'

Good luck to everyone
forestflannel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
hii yes i think i'm going to enter
doing "Was Hitler responsible for the outbreak of the Second World War?"
good luck !
indianasharp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys! Does anyone know when we get the results for this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads