Ianowen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I had Circumcision on Tuesday and recently took bandages off,it really swollen on glands and base of penis and the incision scar has yellow pus n looks like scabing since putting cream and bath in salt, is this normal and how long does it take for things to look better and be less sensitive in underwear as it’s discomfort at the moment

Thanks
Kelivesy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s normal for it to bleed a little and will be swollen. If you’ve got yellow puss coming out of it then it sounds like an infection. Keep up with the salt baths, keep your underwear off and let it air dry. You have to get up lots of times I’m the night for a wee so that you don’t get an erection to often as this will keep breaking the scab
Ianowen
Rep:
?
Thanks for that just like yellow scabbing crust around the incision is yellow marks n scabby is that normal? I had to have the banjo string removed to and all underneath swollen n one side penis that normal too?
Kelivesy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As long as it’s not oozing pus or smells bad then it’s normal. It can take weeks, sometimes months to get back to normal. It will be swollen, make sure you take ibuprofen to help keep the swelling down and just restrain from covering up or touching it to often to examine it!! A long tshirt which covers your bits is best, let it heal. Again, salt baths to keep it clean and let it dry. If you are concerned about how it is healing then contact the aftercare service/consultant that did the surgery for advice. It can look a bit of a mess to begin with but it will settle down 👍🏻
Ianowen
Rep:
?
The underneath where theBanjo was removed is where the puss is not the incision amd goes on my testicales?the incision just red n yellow bits between n on stitches I do have baths and walk around with little as poss on
Last edited by Ianowen; 1 month ago
KSM87
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Several weeks on, I hope all is going well for you and that you’re making a good recovery.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (163)
41.48%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (57)
14.5%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (165)
41.98%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.04%

Watched Threads