The Student Room Group

Reneging multiple offers

Hey all,

I have been offered several offers for a few graduate schemes to begin in Sept. I am also still in the running for a few.

The offers all came in at different times, and I have accepted them in order to process and decide which one to go for.

I want to clarify that I have not signed any documentation yet for any of my grad schemes. Is it quite common for graduates to accept several offers and decide slightly later considering they wont start until September?

I also don't want to lose an offer in case something went pear shaped with the application, Once I sign a contract in writing, that's the one I will go for but I'm still in the process of deciding..

Any advice from people who have been in a similar situation?
Reply 1
Yes that’s relatively normal, some companies ask you to sign an offer of employment which will have conditions in you’ll probably want to check but other than that’s it’s quite normal. I would consider how this may look to their HR teams though, if you wanted to apply to these same companies again in a couple of years then it might not look so good! But if they’re big companies they probably won’t notice, really depends

Quick Reply