The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Chances of accounting and finance bsc at leeds with a level 6 in gcse maths?

In yr 12 rn and im studying quite close to leeds university. Im interested in accounting and noticed that there uni course is rated no 1 currently in that department. Since it says that the requirements are AAA and a level 6 english and level 7 in maths gcse.
If i could get A*AA with a level 6 in gcse maths, would they be willing to make an acception?, as I also have a level 7 in gcse english language.
Original post by MonoAno555
In yr 12 rn and im studying quite close to leeds university. Im interested in accounting and noticed that there uni course is rated no 1 currently in that department. Since it says that the requirements are AAA and a level 6 english and level 7 in maths gcse.
If i could get A*AA with a level 6 in gcse maths, would they be willing to make an acception?, as I also have a level 7 in gcse english language.

Probably not, although you maybe predicted very high grades, the 7 in gcse maths DOES matter. The course you are applying to is very competitive (I applied to something similar this year), I know this as they said this on the offer holder event at leeds! If I were you, I would probably email them to see if they will accept you or not, hope this helps.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by MonoAno555

Yes mate. Don’t worry about GCSEs so long as you meet the minimum requirements

Quick Reply

Latest