The Student Room Group

What’s wrong with being a “slut”

So basically, I’m a “slut” or “****”
But I don’t understand what the whole stigma is about .
A woman has needs ?
I’m young , single , I have my own home, so it’s not like I’m doing it at my parents ? I’m on a contraceptive , I use condoms also to prevent std’s ect . It’s consensual, no one gets led on , and I never put myself in dangerous or stupid situations.
Yet I get so much back lash for having slept with many men ?
I’m not ready to be in a relationship yet , but as stated previously a woman has needs .
Someone’s body count is personal , and it’s not like I go plastering it all over the place ? I keep it very hidden if everything. I don’t dress revealing or anything . I simply just enjoy sex . A lot .
Who cares if I’ve slept with loads of people ?
Everyone has to have a hobby ?
Outside of this I have my own business ect , I’m not someone who stays at home all day , with benefits and having 20 different guys around a day .
I’m a hard worker . So if I want to go out with the girls on the weekend and see a guy I like , why I can’t I go back with him ? If everyone is consenting and no one is being led on I don’t see the problem ? And so what if I do it again the next week and the week after that . Again I stress I’m very careful and hygienic .
So what’s everyone’s opinions on being a “****” . What is actually the problem ?

Scroll to see replies

No one cares that you are a slut apart from yourself
you do you xx
Reply 3
Original post by LordFahid
No one cares that you are a slut apart from yourself

I don’t care that I am a slut being as I fail to see why being a slut is a bad thing
it's butters that youre proud of it i wouldnt chat to you personally but there are individuals who would
Are you from Yorkshire?
(Just trying to determine if this is a racist slur or not, if it is, you can officially crown yourself moron of the year as I am not black).

It's past your bed time.
Well yeah, do what you like. Don't expect a body count of 25 to be desirable though. I sure wouldn't want anyone like that who shows no emotional dedication to people. I find that horrible.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
How many is many?

At what number does a girl become a slut?
I understand completely what you're saying, there's a lot of studies online about slut shaming and it plays on many dif ideas, if you're interested you should check some out? I think it's mainly about the connotations it has.
Reply 9
Hardly attention seeking . I’ve been putting up with this for years now and have been holding it in up until now and wanted some answers and opinions .
I had to send a big para to explain properly so people got the right picture
Thanks
Original post by danielhaslam19
Well yeah, do what you like. Don't expect a body count of 25 to be desirable though. I sure wouldn't want anyone like that who shows no emotional dedication to people. I find that horrible.

Hi
I have shown emotional dedication and been in relationships before .
One was serious , 2 years .
I just don’t want to be in a relationship atm though .
I don’t see why a high body count would be a turn off really . If I was interested in someone and they were mutually interested in me , as long as they have a history of being loyal to last parents and will be loyal to me I wouldn’t be bothered .
What is actually the issue of a high body count and having fun whilst single
You do you, but don't expect many men to put their dingaling in your fairy cave once you decide you want to "settle down" with someone.
Sex isn't as special if you have it so often with many different people. It's just an activity for pleasure, when many men would feel that it's meant to be far more intimate. Your attitude to sex likely puts men off. You don't treat it as something truly worth having with only one person.
(edited 3 years ago)
I think people tend to see it as a bad thing for females because it’s easier for women to get sex compared to males
Having an active sex life shouldn't be a stigma for women nor men. As long as you're safe, then there can be no wrong. If for some people it's purely physical then so be it, if other people prefer both emotion and physical elements (i.e with a partner) then so be it. I don't think one has to be 'better' than the other. As long as it's consensual (obviously!) and safe.
Original post by Anonymous
A woman has needs ?
I’m young , single , I have my own home, so it’s not like I’m doing it at my parents ? I’m on a contraceptive , I use condoms also to prevent std’s ect . It’s consensual, no one gets led on , and I never put myself in dangerous or stupid situations.
I’m not ready to be in a relationship yet , but as stated previously a woman has needs .
Someone’s body count is personal , and it’s not like I go plastering it all over the place ? I keep it very hidden if everything. I don’t dress revealing or anything . I simply just enjoy sex . A lot .
Outside of this I have my own business ect , I’m not someone who stays at home all day , with benefits and having 20 different guys around a day .
I’m a hard worker . So if I want to go out with the girls on the weekend and see a guy I like , why I can’t I go back with him ? If everyone is consenting and no one is being led on I don’t see the problem ? And so what if I do it again the next week and the week after that . Again I stress I’m very careful and hygienic .
So what’s everyone’s opinions on being a “****” . What is actually the problem ?

Guy here

As someone who has yet to pop their cherry, I don't think anyone is a sl*t. The only reason why girls get labeled as sl*ts is that guys (or other girls) want to make a girl feel bad for being sexually active. Maybe it's because they're jealous, maybe it's because they have emotional baggage they haven't dealt with, or maybe it's because they don't have anything better to do with their lives. But most of all, it's because they are insecure. And calling other people harsh names just because of their choices in life makes them feel better

So don't let anyone make you feel bad for your choices in life! As long as you're not hurting anyone, other people have no right to degrade your self-worth with their words. Keep being yourself! And make sure to surround yourself with people who value you for who you are! :smile:
Original post by krabbytube
Guy here

As someone who has yet to pop their cherry, I don't think anyone is a sl*t. The only reason why girls get labeled as sl*ts is that guys (or other girls) want to make a girl feel bad for being sexually active. Maybe it's because they're jealous, maybe it's because they have emotional baggage they haven't dealt with, or maybe it's because they don't have anything better to do with their lives. But most of all, it's because they are insecure. And calling other people harsh names just because of their choices in life makes them feel better

So don't let anyone make you feel bad for your choices in life! As long as you're not hurting anyone, other people have no right to degrade your self-worth with their words. Keep being yourself! And make sure to surround yourself with people who value you for who you are! :smile:

Thank you !
Finally an answer by someone on the same page !
Exactly , if it’s not harming anyone , including myself , why do people have to label me as something negative
Original post by Tolgash
Sex isn't as special if you have it so often with many different people. It's just an activity for pleasure, when many men would feel that it's meant to be far more intimate. Your attitude to sex likely puts men off. You don't treat it as something truly worth having with only one person.

Tbh I don’t think there’s anything wrong with not thinking it’s something worth having with only one person ? Most people don’t have that view now days . Not a lot of people save themselves for one person . It’s personal preference.
This is my whole point . Why should it be off putting ? The fact that I enjoy sex , consensual , safe sex , that is likely to put men off ? I wouldn’t want to be with a man who judged me because of how many people I’d slept with casually .
I disagree , I think Sex can still be special even if you’ve had sex over 1000 times . As long as your with someone you love it will be special regardless of how many people you’ve been with . My ex and I had sex which was special and magical , and intimate , and we both know we’d slept with a handful of other people but it didn’t bother us , because we didn’t love those other people .
Original post by Sabertooth
You do you, but don't expect many men to put their dingaling in your fairy cave once you decide you want to "settle down" with someone.

I’ll be totally honest men don’t seem to be bothered . They know that I enjoy sex and have had a lot of experience none seem to be put off by it . In fact I think they find it a turn on .They’re the ones asking to go back with me !
I don’t want to seem big headed but If I was worried about that I’d maybe consider changing my ways . But the way things are at the minute and the volume of people I have wanting to snatch me up I’m not too fussed . (Again being totally Honest not big headed )
But I’m just enjoying being single atm
Original post by Anonymous
A woman has needs ?

Just to be clear, I hold the same distaste towards men who **** loads of women.

Being a "slut" is bad because the moment you get pregnant, you'll probably end up killing your offspring and joining the other 200,000 people who don't take responsibility for their actions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending