The Student Room Group

Schoolgirl, 17, sent home after her outfit "made teacher feel awkward"

A furious dad claims his 17-year-old daughter was sent home from school in Canada after being told her outfit could make teachers feel ‘awkward’. Christopher Wilson, from Kamloops, British Columbia, says Karis, 17, came home in tears when a teacher at NorKam Senior Secondary School told her her clothing reminded her ‘of a lingerie outfit’.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/27/schoolgirl-17-sent-home-after-her-outfit-made-teacher-feel-awkward-14157705/

Should girls be sent home if their outfits make male teachers feel "uncomfortable" ?

Imo, that particular girls outfit isn't really very distracting. but what if she had big boobs and was showing cleavage and had a mini skirt on?

Should she be sent home then?
Original post by ANM775
A furious dad claims his 17-year-old daughter was sent home from school in Canada after being told her outfit could make teachers feel ‘awkward’. Christopher Wilson, from Kamloops, British Columbia, says Karis, 17, came home in tears when a teacher at NorKam Senior Secondary School told her her clothing reminded her ‘of a lingerie outfit’.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/27/schoolgirl-17-sent-home-after-her-outfit-made-teacher-feel-awkward-14157705/

Should girls be sent home if their outfits make male teachers feel "uncomfortable" ?

Imo, that particular girls outfit isn't really very distracting. but what if she had big boobs and was showing cleavage and had a mini skirt on?

Should she be sent home then?

It depends if the school had a uniform because pupils can be sent home for not wearing correct uniform.

If not it seems a bit of an overreaction because her outfit doesn't look inappropriate to me.

A lot of schools would have rules like no mini skirts, but I doubt any sixth forms state no frilly tops.
Reply 2
"Furious" dad should probably chill, and I guess the rules apply equally, irrespective of chest size.
Tabloid piffle, kids get sent home from school for 100's of things every day. Unless you have an agenda to amp it up i'm not seeing a story here.
Original post by StriderHort
Tabloid piffle, kids get sent home from school for 100's of things every day. Unless you have an agenda to amp it up i'm not seeing a story here.

scary how quickly a non story goes viral worldwide
now karis will be forever known as the girl with the awkward dress
Reply 5
random teenager from Kamloops, BC - population like 5 - makes tabloid news on the other side of the planet for being sent home from school. like how do these things even happen :holmes:

re awkward dress - she's wearing a long-sleeved turtleneck underneath it(!); you can't even see any skin so i can see why dad is mad and friends walked out of class in protest. how a little bit of lace on the dress makes someone else distracted and therefore inappropriate for school is a bit ridiculous. totally absurd how this made the news but if we broke the issue down to over-policing what women wear, well that is something real.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending