Clouise12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Right it's my first time camping and at Boardmasters, I'm not a fan of port-a-loo's, so can I take my own toilet in with me? also would anyone recommend taking anything else?
a123and12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
How u taking ur own toilet???
a123and12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
What is there to do after the acts at boardmasters, at Leeds festival there is picadilly to go to after the acts is there anything at boarders?
Clouise12345
Rep:
?
By buying a portable camping toilet- google it- £25 can’t go wrong really. Saves traipsing off to the nearest toilet where someone’s either been sick, there’s no loo roll or there’s piss everywhere
a123and12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
if you have a 4 day ticket rather than 5 day how bad is the camping spot?
myow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
When I went to Reading, people just went in cans
Clouise12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by myow)
When I went to Reading, people just went in cans
I’m a girl. That can’t really happen can it.
Clouise12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by a123and12)
if you have a 4 day ticket rather than 5 day how bad is the camping spot?
The camping spot is fine it overlooks the beach, but it’s the portaloo situation I want help with. How many days you go for doesn’t determine how bad the camping spot is. It’s first come first served.
myow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Clouise12345)
I’m a girl. That can’t really happen can it.
bringing a portable toilet is gonna be a pain to carry with all your clothes/tents/ sleeping bags etc but no one is stopping you if you really want to get one
potatohouse
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You could, most of the time i just went in the bushes/behind empty tents (i am girl) unless I had to take a ****. Honestly you will be so grimey and when your watching the bands you wont be able to pop back to your tent to use it so you will have to use portaloos. I wouldn't recommend it personally, but theres no law against it
a123and12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Clouise12345)
The camping spot is fine it overlooks the beach, but it’s the portaloo situation I want help with. How many days you go for doesn’t determine how bad the camping spot is. It’s first come first served.
it does as all those with 5 day tickets get the spots near by so those with 4 day tickets get last pickings so i was wondering if anyone knew how bad the 4 day spots will be?
potatohouse
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
it does as all those with 5 day tickets get the spots near by so those with 4 day tickets get last pickings so i was wondering if anyone knew how bad the 4 day spots will be?
Honestly not that bad. Pretty much all the camping spots are a fair walk away from the stages, the late comers will just have the spots furthest away, but 1. They will be quieter when you want to sleep. 2. Less likely you will have your tent broken into/ stuff stolen etc. 3. less muddy (because less people walking by) 4. there will still be tonnes of people around so you will still have an amazing time.
a123and12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
will I get into the silent disco on Thursday night or will it be too busy?
potatohouse
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
will I get into the silent disco on Thursday night or will it be too busy?
we did, the tents are massive
Finn-Frost
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
What's the alcohol situation like? How easy is it to bring more than the 24 can limit into the campsite? How thoroughly will they check your bags?
a123and12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Finn-Frost)
What's the alcohol situation like? How easy is it to bring more than the 24 can limit into the campsite? How thoroughly will they check your bags?
Wondering the same if I put spirits in water bottles to take to the campsite will they take it?
Clouise12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Finn-Frost)
Some people get really heavily checked, others done it depends. But they are strict on the alcohol. The 24 limit is in place but I know people that have put clear spirits into bottles and like mouthwash bottles and have gotten it in. I think it depends really. But you can only drink on the campsites, once you get into the main bit you can only buy from in there
random184
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
does anyone know if there is hot water available anywhere for pot noodles?? no way am I paying for the food there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
43.64%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed