The Student Room Group

Bristol Law 2021

Hey does anyone know if Bristol university hands out rejects late? I applied on the 27th of jan and I got 19 for my LNAT not great I know, so I was wondering if the chances of me getting rejected is also high? I applied with AAB as I am a contextual student. Please help as I also applied to Nottingham as well and I have been getting really worried about my results ...
Hi there,

I can't say whether you'll get an offer or not, but you meet the A-level credentials for a contextual student and your LNAT score is around the average for this year's cohort (20). I know a few people have been left on hold for some time now, so I'm sure you'll here back soon enough.

Both Nottingham and Bristol are competitive places for Law and receive lots of applications so don't fret for now.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Hey thank you for replying. I’m still waiting on Nottingham, Bristol and Warwick but I’ve got an unconditional for Exeter and Cardiff.It’s just slightly stressful because I really want to go to Bristol but yeah no hopefully like you said I’ll hear back from them soon.
Original post by mcvinod22
Hey thank you for replying. I’m still waiting on Nottingham, Bristol and Warwick but I’ve got an unconditional for Exeter and Cardiff.It’s just slightly stressful because I really want to go to Bristol but yeah no hopefully like you said I’ll hear back from them soon.

Fingers crossed! I'm in a group chat with other Bristol applicants/offer holders and a lot of them are still awaiting a reply/are on hold. Your LNAT score is only one element of the application, hell it's only one part of the LNAT itself since you have the essay.

Easy to say, but try not to worry! The deadline isn't until May I'm sure - correct me if it's been pushed back.
Reply 4
Original post by devonelliott02
Fingers crossed! I'm in a group chat with other Bristol applicants/offer holders and a lot of them are still awaiting a reply/are on hold. Your LNAT score is only one element of the application, hell it's only one part of the LNAT itself since you have the essay.

Easy to say, but try not to worry! The deadline isn't until May I'm sure - correct me if it's been pushed back.

honestly part of the reason why I love the SR is because of the confidence I get from here as well as the support. So thank you so much for replying and speaking positively. I’m praying what you said will happen too.
if you don’t mind me asking have you applied for Bristol too? If so what did you apply with?
honestly part of the reason why I love the SR is because of the confidence I get from here as well as the support. So thank you so much for replying and speaking positively. I’m praying what you said will happen too.
if you don’t mind me asking have you applied for Bristol too? If so what did you apply with?

No worries!

I applied with A*AA and 27 in the LNAT, but pretty sure I flopped the essay. I heard back pretty quick, just over a month after I sent my application off. Equally I know people with weaker grades and much lower LNAT scores who have offers.
Reply 6
No worries!

I applied with A*AA and 27 in the LNAT, but pretty sure I flopped the essay. I heard back pretty quick, just over a month after I sent my application off. Equally I know people with weaker grades and much lower LNAT scores who have offers.

Oh Crickey wow well done. Lmaoo I threw up an hour before my lnat and I was really nervous but I still had hope that I would make the average but yeah that didn’t happen. But that is solid stats like wow 😭😂 but once again thank you for replying and being so optimistic. If I hear from them I will let you know, it’s just everyone’s I know had had something back whether that be accepted or on hold and I haven’t got a clue. But yeah fingers crossed it’ll be okay.
Where else have you applied? Is Bristol your firm choice?
Oh Crickey wow well done. Lmaoo I threw up an hour before my lnat and I was really nervous but I still had hope that I would make the average but yeah that didn’t happen. But that is solid stats like wow 😭😂 but once again thank you for replying and being so optimistic. If I hear from them I will let you know, it’s just everyone’s I know had had something back whether that be accepted or on hold and I haven’t got a clue. But yeah fingers crossed it’ll be okay.
Where else have you applied? Is Bristol your firm choice?

Gosh that sounds traumatic, must say I was freaking out cos I was stuck in traffic right before.

Yes, Bristol is my firm, Leeds my insurance. I had offers from Manchester and Durham which I turned down, and rejected from Oxford post-interview.
Reply 8
Gosh that sounds traumatic, must say I was freaking out cos I was stuck in traffic right before.

Yes, Bristol is my firm, Leeds my insurance. I had offers from Manchester and Durham which I turned down, and rejected from Oxford post-interview.

Ngl if I had your options is would for me at least be Bristol/durham for firm and Leeds/Manchester for insurance and then go and look at the number of firms and chambers within each university and what they offer and then make my decision.
At this point I am 100% rambling but I am hella nervous as I still event heard back and considering there are students like you on the course it makes more nervous. it really is going to be hard to get accepted.
Ngl if I had your options is would for me at least be Bristol/durham for firm and Leeds/Manchester for insurance and then go and look at the number of firms and chambers within each university and what they offer and then make my decision.
At this point I am 100% rambling but I am hella nervous as I still event heard back and considering there are students like you on the course it makes more nervous. it really is going to be hard to get accepted.

Yeah I ended up firming Bristol just cos I much preferred the location and the atmosphere of the uni to Durham - was worried it would be too 'rah' at Durham. Bristol is so much closer for me too, I only live about an hour away.

Genuinely though, don't compare yourself because you'll have merits that I don't for example!! I'm sure Bristol will see that, and even if they don't it's their loss.

Keep me posted on your application though, hopefully I'll see you around next September!
Reply 10
Yeah I ended up firming Bristol just cos I much preferred the location and the atmosphere of the uni to Durham - was worried it would be too 'rah' at Durham. Bristol is so much closer for me too, I only live about an hour away.

Genuinely though, don't compare yourself because you'll have merits that I don't for example!! I'm sure Bristol will see that, and even if they don't it's their loss.

Keep me posted on your application though, hopefully I'll see you around next September!

As if you just said "rah" to describe Durham hahah I love that. The issue is I am contextual student with 2/3 A level grades already achieved (basically resitting my psych because I want to get an A and Ethics because I wanted an A*, sat them in October and got ABB so wanted to up it) with an LNAT of 19. And when a uni as prestigious as Bristol looks at my application there really isn't anything that makes them go "wow she's a strong candidate" against a candidate like yourself with much higher grades predicted and higher LNAT. The uni would want the best cohort they can have so in all honesty it really is daunting and with covid and grade inflation it really is scary to think that.

And hey I live like an hour away too aha which is also why I chose Bristol so I can run home to have food ahah. Have you sorted out you accommodation and everything?

But yeah no I defo will keep you updated if anything happens whether that be rejection or acceptance and maybe ill see you in September aha finger crossed.
As if you just said "rah" to describe Durham hahah I love that. The issue is I am contextual student with 2/3 A level grades already achieved (basically resitting my psych because I want to get an A and Ethics because I wanted an A*, sat them in October and got ABB so wanted to up it) with an LNAT of 19. And when a uni as prestigious as Bristol looks at my application there really isn't anything that makes them go "wow she's a strong candidate" against a candidate like yourself with much higher grades predicted and higher LNAT. The uni would want the best cohort they can have so in all honesty it really is daunting and with covid and grade inflation it really is scary to think that.

And hey I live like an hour away too aha which is also why I chose Bristol so I can run home to have food ahah. Have you sorted out you accommodation and everything?

But yeah no I defo will keep you updated if anything happens whether that be rejection or acceptance and maybe ill see you in September aha finger crossed.

I get that entirely, since you're a contextual applicant I'm sure they'll take that into consideration - plus your LNAT isn't awful by any means, I've heard of people waiting with scores of 15. How are your GCSEs, I know they're also a factor as to whether you get an offer?

Nope, so far I've just about looked at a few halls of residence but I have yet to make a decision. I guess there's no rush as accommodation doesn't open until May and it's not first come first served.
Reply 12
I get that entirely, since you're a contextual applicant I'm sure they'll take that into consideration - plus your LNAT isn't awful by any means, I've heard of people waiting with scores of 15. How are your GCSEs, I know they're also a factor as to whether you get an offer?

Nope, so far I've just about looked at a few halls of residence but I have yet to make a decision. I guess there's no rush as accommodation doesn't open until May and it's not first come first served.

Mostly 7s, 6s and 5s. I was the first year to through the whole grading system so yeah for my cohort and school it was above the average but that is only what 20% of the application?

in all honesty at this point I am expecting a rejection which is sad but idk.
Mostly 7s, 6s and 5s. I was the first year to through the whole grading system so yeah for my cohort and school it was above the average but that is only what 20% of the application?

in all honesty at this point I am expecting a rejection which is sad but idk.

They're a not bad set of grades for a contextual applicant, and as you say it's only 20% of the application.

The uncertainty sucks, but hopefully they come through with an offer. If not, you have offers from two strong universities, and two other universities who may yet even give you an offer.
oh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending