Gig economy - economics A level question

Watch
ninja24
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How does the gig economy affect the demand and supply of labour? More so the shifts and how these increase/decreases happens.
khaxx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The gig economy is one with the prevalence of short-term contracts or freelance work as opposed to permanent jobs soo I'm assuming that the demand for labour will shift inwards?
ninja24
Rep:
?
(Original post by khaxx)
The gig economy is one with the prevalence of short-term contracts or freelance work as opposed to permanent jobs soo I'm assuming that the demand for labour will shift inwards?
True But how?, and would supply also shift in?
khaxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ninja24)
True But how?, and would supply also shift in?
ngl idk hopefully someone else sees this and has answer lmfao. what spec is this because for OCR I don't think you need to show it diagrammatically
user323456
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Outward shift in the supply of labour as the gig economy improves flexibility for workers previously unable to participate in the labour market, e.g. parents can arrange shifts around school times to mitigate childcare issues
ninja24
Rep:
?
(Original post by khaxx)
ngl idk hopefully someone else sees this and has answer lmfao. what spec is this because for OCR I don't think you need to show it diagrammatically
Yeah you don't have to for OCR but my teacher said explaining the demand/supply of labour effects gets top marks so I wanted some guidance on it, thank you though.
ninja24
Rep:
?
(Original post by khaxx)
Yeah you don't have to for OCR but my teacher said explaining the demand/supply of labour effects gets top marks so I wanted some guidance on it, thank you though.
ninja24
Rep:
?
(Original post by user323456)
Outward shift in the supply of labour as the gig economy improves flexibility for workers previously unable to participate in the labour market, e.g. parents can arrange shifts around school times to mitigate childcare issues
Thank you!
khaxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ninja24)
ohh ok. lmfao reading what that other person said just made me realise i'm fooked for my mocks in 2 weeks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (378)
14.78%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (283)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (359)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (119)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.06%
Loneliness (218)
8.52%
Financial worries (94)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.69%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (224)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (241)
9.42%

Watched Threads