New Friendships

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What's the best way to make new friends, after having to experience, so many fake friends, especially if you are someone that struggles with trust or talking with other people, due to a fear of being judged via your past experiences?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Generally I'm quite cautious with friends at first, but you can never make friends who trust you if you don't trust them - if your too cautious with them people tend to get upset anyway. Try not to assume people are fake when you first meet them, and only don't trust them if they give you a reason to do so. For talking to people: be yourself, if you would usually make comment then say it, chances are if you get along with them in a simple conversation where you say what you mean, they're more likely to do the same. There's no point trying to be friends with people you don't actually like either - and that's where I usually find fake friendships do come in. So just be yourself, smile, be nice if that's what your usually like, and try not to judge people too harshly the first time you meet them. (btw there isn't really a 'best way' to make friends, it depends on the individual really)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Generally I'm quite cautious with friends at first, but you can never make friends who trust you if you don't trust them - if your too cautious with them people tend to get upset anyway. Try not to assume people are fake when you first meet them, and only don't trust them if they give you a reason to do so. For talking to people: be yourself, if you would usually make comment then say it, chances are if you get along with them in a simple conversation where you say what you mean, they're more likely to do the same. There's no point trying to be friends with people you don't actually like either - and that's where I usually find fake friendships do come in. So just be yourself, smile, be nice if that's what your usually like, and try not to judge people too harshly the first time you meet them. (btw there isn't really a 'best way' to make friends, it depends on the individual really)
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (187)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (545)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (417)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (513)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (184)
4.94%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.95%
Loneliness (313)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.89%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.51%
Lack of real life entertainment (212)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (333)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (351)
9.42%

Watched Threads