Amber_G2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a uni student currently in my term time accommodation. I have a part time job at Tesco during the holidays. Can I go back home at Easter to go back to work? Or is this not allowed due to current restrictions?
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Under the current stay at home order you should not be returning home from uni.
When rules are relaxed, you will be able to and given that it’s a late Easter you might be allowed home during the holidays, however the roadmap doesn’t look promising in that department

Basically, don’t plan on it bc it looks like a no
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, just go. And the reason is that even though we are aware of the restrictions, it’s not that hard to figure out. Have a COVID test and when you get home take another test. And that’s it you can stay at home.
I just saw everyone in my city having picnics, barbecues and chilling under the sun so it should be fine if you’re careful.
Amber_G2020
Rep:
?
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)
Under the current stay at home order you should not be returning home from uni.
When rules are relaxed, you will be able to and given that it’s a late Easter you might be allowed home during the holidays, however the roadmap doesn’t look promising in that department

Basically, don’t plan on it bc it looks like a no
Yeah, I am not too fussed about going home, I just want to know whats happening so I can tell my work. Thank you.
Amber_G2020
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Honestly, just go. And the reason is that even though we are aware of the restrictions, it’s not that hard to figure out. Have a COVID test and when you get home take another test. And that’s it you can stay at home.
I just saw everyone in my city having picnics, barbecues and chilling under the sun so it should be fine if you’re careful.
I do understand that that would be the safest way, however, I would mainly be going home for work purposes and I am not sure whether they would allow me back due to it potentially illegal to move back for the period.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
It’s not illegal because you’re going to be cautious and you have a good and viable reason. There are people who think COVID is alive and are running up and down the countries to the coastal beaches. That’s why you should go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (173)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (514)
14.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (390)
11.11%
Lack of purpose or motivation (488)
13.9%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (170)
4.84%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (213)
6.07%
Loneliness (298)
8.49%
Financial worries (128)
3.65%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (139)
3.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (159)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (195)
5.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (315)
8.97%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (328)
9.34%

Watched Threads