Hiding me from people but wants to come over? Hmmm

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My bf is kinda private , but I’ve met all his friends already and Cousins. His babymum & mum and sister live 2 hr drive from him and some childhood friends ( he vists his family and child every 2 weeks for a couple days ). He recently found out she had a bf , they said not to bring partners around their children or around them and to keep it seperate but she clearly didn’t. ( he found this out through a neighbour)

Anyways, I don’t get why he don’t want her knowing he has a gf then? ( I don’t want to meet her anyways, but idk it’s like he’s hiding it, he said it’s unnecessary if he can avoid it) they co parent well so it’s not like they fight.
He’s very private with his mum &sister knowing his love life too he never even told them when he had his babymum as a girlfriend until she was half way through the pregnancy and he knew he had to tell his mum. Anyways he had an issue in London so the mum had to come round and stay for a while he really wanted to see me so I brought him round groceries but I came and he introduced me as a friend. He has another sister in a different country that he gets along with more than the one who lives with the mum and I’ve spoken to her briefly on FaceTime as he’s told her about me ( I was shocked).

Anyways it’s kinda like he lives a whole different life over there, he still pays his babymum rent as she can’t afford it and he can. Every now and then he stays there ( when he isn’t getting along with his sister) but majority times he doesn’t.
Anyways I’ve told my mum and sis about him by accident and my mum cooked him a lot of food when he was sick so he wants to come over to say his thanks and stuff.

Should I allow him to come over?
Should I be ok with the fact he’s hiding me from his babymum?
Should I be ok with the fact he introduces me to his mum as his friend ( he said he will )

How should I feel about this?! I’m a dramatic person so I don’t want to feel like im being dramatic. I’m ok with it but when I think about it I’m like wtf.

I’ve met ALL his friends and he has a bloody load of them and his cousins and his friends who live in the same village as his babymum and mum.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My bf is kinda private , but I’ve met all his friends already and Cousins. His babymum & mum and sister live 2 hr drive from him and some childhood friends ( he vists his family and child every 2 weeks for a couple days ). He recently found out she had a bf , they said not to bring partners around their children or around them and to keep it seperate but she clearly didn’t. ( he found this out through a neighbour)

Anyways, I don’t get why he don’t want her knowing he has a gf then? ( I don’t want to meet her anyways, but idk it’s like he’s hiding it, he said it’s unnecessary if he can avoid it) they co parent well so it’s not like they fight.
He’s very private with his mum &sister knowing his love life too he never even told them when he had his babymum as a girlfriend until she was half way through the pregnancy and he knew he had to tell his mum. Anyways he had an issue in London so the mum had to come round and stay for a while he really wanted to see me so I brought him round groceries but I came and he introduced me as a friend. He has another sister in a different country that he gets along with more than the one who lives with the mum and I’ve spoken to her briefly on FaceTime as he’s told her about me ( I was shocked).

Anyways it’s kinda like he lives a whole different life over there, he still pays his babymum rent as she can’t afford it and he can. Every now and then he stays there ( when he isn’t getting along with his sister) but majority times he doesn’t.
Anyways I’ve told my mum and sis about him by accident and my mum cooked him a lot of food when he was sick so he wants to come over to say his thanks and stuff.

Should I allow him to come over?
Should I be ok with the fact he’s hiding me from his babymum?
Should I be ok with the fact he introduces me to his mum as his friend ( he said he will )

How should I feel about this?! I’m a dramatic person so I don’t want to feel like im being dramatic. I’m ok with it but when I think about it I’m like wtf.

I’ve met ALL his friends and he has a bloody load of them and his cousins and his friends who live in the same village as his babymum and mum.
Honestly, this is a bit weird. I don't understand why a grown man with a child would be hiding his relationship from his daughter's mum and his own family, that just seems very strange. I would personally not be okay with this - he either needs to properly introduce you to people now or give you a damn good reason for keeping you a secret. It sounds like he's ashamed of you or something? Which is again strange and not right. I wouldn't be okay with this and you shouldn't be either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.97%
Uncertainty around my education (373)
14.71%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (279)
11%
Lack of purpose or motivation (356)
14.04%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (117)
4.61%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (153)
6.03%
Loneliness (217)
8.56%
Financial worries (94)
3.71%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.18%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (133)
5.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (222)
8.75%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (240)
9.46%

Watched Threads