sociology a level - revision tips and advice pls!!!

Watch
ffrey11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
does anyone have any revision tips for a level sociology? i'm currently in my first year of college and only started the subject back in september. sociology wasn't offered as a gcse subject at my secondary school and my teachers haven't told us revision methods we could use to revise it so i'm feeling a bit lost with it all. after doing disappointingly in my mock back in nov/dec time (mainly due to personal reasons), i'm determined to try and bring my grades up. any advice would be helpful ty!!!
pillowfields
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hiya! i'm in my first year of socio too and it also wasn't an option at my high school.
my teacher advised us to keep a sort of spreadsheet which i developed into this: i have 1 whole spreadsheet per chapter and inside they're broken down into topics - i have 1 sheet for aims in the spec, 1 sheet for 'key arguments/studies', and 1 sheet for 'key concepts'.
this is the first pic i attached. (we did culture, not family)
i'd advise keeping track of key terms and sociological perspectives - i try to have definitions of key terms at the top of my notes, i always make sure i have perspectives written down in my notes

make sure you have a copy of the spec somewhere, even if it's in a spreadsheet thing. in terms of answering questions, i just keep Point Evidence Explain Link in mind and make sure i understand the key concepts the question is asking about with any opposing perspectives you can add in. i put as much as i can into flashcards on Anki and this is my favourite thing for memorising what i need to know.

i'm not sure what grades you've been getting or what exactly you're struggling with but i really hope this can simplify it (-:

EDIT: LOL i forgot the evaluate in PEEEL sorry ! it's Point Evidence Explain Evaluate Link evaluation is so important in sociology
Last edited by pillowfields; 2 months ago
ffrey11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
ty this is so helpful!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (18)
8.74%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (125)
60.68%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
14.56%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (29)
14.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
1.94%

Watched Threads