The Student Room Group

IS ICT A Level a good option

Am thinking of choosing ICT A level and I will be doing the OCR board I was wondering how would it be like and if it’s an easier option as it will be my fourth option and I want to focus on my other options. So therefore I was wondering if it’s easy or too much to handle.
(Btw am going to chose Maths, Biology and Chemistry for my other options)
Its fine - its not as intensive as Computer Science and goes well with any STEM subjects.
However, there really is no point in doing more than 3 A levels - no University requires 4 and they dont give extra brownie points for 4. My advice would be to not do IT at all, or to only do it to AS level.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Its fine - its not as intensive as Computer Science and goes well with any STEM subjects.
However, there really is no point in doing more than 3 A levels - no University requires 4 and they dont give extra brownie points for 4. My advice would be to not do IT at all, or to only do it to AS level.

Yep I am planing maybe to only do it for AS level.
Also am thinking of doing medicine for uni and I thought doing 4 would be more impressive for applications as medicine is a quit competitive field
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest