The Student Room Group

my sister vomits on the first day of her periods

shes only 12 going on 13. This is due to the pain. Does this happen to anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

it was about to happen to me..
perhaps it was because of the way i was lying down
yes
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
it was about to happen to me..
perhaps it was because of the way i was lying down

I rarely get painful ones, but when I do get it I usually go and poo.
This happens to me but I am much older- It would probably be wise to go to the gp as they can prescribe medication which has really helped me!
Reply 5
no she doesn’t like going to the doctors. She has vomited for the past 2 periods. Even if she did go, given shes not even 13 yet (may not be able to swallow tablets) what could she be given? they can’t put her on the pill can they?
Reply 6
Original post by Williskate3
This happens to me but I am much older- It would probably be wise to go to the gp as they can prescribe medication which has really helped me!

what medication were you prescribed?
Yea I used to vomit too, I still get nauseous
Why would she not be able to swallow tablets? They can give her anti sickness medication.
Reply 9
Yes, this happens to me, but not just on first day and not just in mornings...my head of year once caught me throwing up in a bin at school :frown: probably the worst experience of my school life. I have thrown up in toilets around school various times and my friends all know it's period things lol. I now have to have an invigilator watching me in exams and a special seat near the back of the hall when I have my period just in case...
My sister had this for roughly half a year of periods (sounds like a lot, but only 6 if you think about it) then it just stopped, ig she grew out of it. For me, i've had it for three years with some being worse than others. My other sister (not the one above, lol i have a lot of sisters) had this from age roughly 18 and she has now been told she has Endometriosis...i think thats the right spelling, i have not been to GP about it so idk if i do.
I would go to GP and speak to them, you said she doesn't like going to the doctors, ik there are anti-nausea over the counter medications which are meant to be good, maybe try them.
Good luck to her x
Ps, you seem like a very nice sister :smile:
Why would she not be able to swallow tablets? They can give her anti sickness medication.

she has travel sickness tablets for travelling but thats about it. She hasn’t taken tablets so I don’t know if she can or can’t but I was assuming tablets were for those 13 and up, or 12 and up, could be wrong.
even little kids can take tablets if you show them how. a 12-year-old most definitely should be able to.
her periods were on and off at 10, properly started at 11 and was continuously on it every 2 weeks which used to happen to my other sister, now shes 12 and vomiting.

The pill may stop them or help regulate her periods
im not very well versed on that kind of stuff but if you think its serious i'd consider talking to your gp about it
she starts school from march 12th, and she will most likely not have her period when she starts school but after that from april she could and I am not sure if shes allowed to miss one day every month
Yes, happens to me occasionally and more frequently than the average female on her period. I just suck it up and deal with it.
Yes, happens to me occasionally and more frequently than the average female on her period. I just suck it up and deal with it.

so does that mean giving birth is going to be hard for those who vomit due to painful periods (because the pain with giving birth is a lot more than period pain)?
it won't be any harder
Well, even if she can't swallow the tablets or they come up, there are buccal tablets that dissolve on the gum line next to the cheek or sublinguals that dissolve under the tongue that can help with nausea and vomitting. Kids can take tablets though.

Encourage her to go to speak with her GP with support of your parents. Most people don't like seeing their doctors, but life isn't always about doing what you like, particularly when health is involved.
do you find hot water bottles and standing next to the heater helps?

Quick Reply

Latest