my sister vomits on the first day of her periods

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
shes only 12 going on 13. This is due to the pain. Does this happen to anyone else?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
it was about to happen to me..
perhaps it was because of the way i was lying down
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
yes
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
it was about to happen to me..
perhaps it was because of the way i was lying down
I rarely get painful ones, but when I do get it I usually go and poo.
Agashii_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know mine can get painful to the extent of making me feel nauseous and I can't move from them but they've never made me vomit. That sounds really intense? Has she had it checked out by a GP?
Williskate3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This happens to me but I am much older- It would probably be wise to go to the gp as they can prescribe medication which has really helped me!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Agashii_)
I know mine can get painful to the extent of making me feel nauseous and I can't move from them but they've never made me vomit. That sounds really intense? Has she had it checked out by a GP?
no she doesn’t like going to the doctors. She has vomited for the past 2 periods. Even if she did go, given shes not even 13 yet (may not be able to swallow tablets) what could she be given? they can’t put her on the pill can they?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Williskate3)
This happens to me but I am much older- It would probably be wise to go to the gp as they can prescribe medication which has really helped me!
what medication were you prescribed?
daniellasax17
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yea I used to vomit too, I still get nauseous
Agashii_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i do understand she may not like going to the doctors but i would say that's the best thing to do in my opinion. Oh i couldn't swallow tablets until like 1 year ago (I'm 18 now :rofl:) but i don't think there's anything that's strong enough if its not a tablet??
Are her periods regular? Maybe its a hormonal problem. Not a professional so i cant say BUT i had an issue with my periods and that's why they were (and still are) really painful.
I dont know enough about the pill but would that just stop her periods? I dont see how that would help with the pain?

Edit: i really don't know much about the pill so maybe what I'm saying is totally wrong but i do know some bits about periods bc of my problem
Last edited by Agashii_; 1 month ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Why would she not be able to swallow tablets? They can give her anti sickness medication.
Rara345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, this happens to me, but not just on first day and not just in mornings...my head of year once caught me throwing up in a bin at school probably the worst experience of my school life. I have thrown up in toilets around school various times and my friends all know it's period things lol. I now have to have an invigilator watching me in exams and a special seat near the back of the hall when I have my period just in case...
My sister had this for roughly half a year of periods (sounds like a lot, but only 6 if you think about it) then it just stopped, ig she grew out of it. For me, i've had it for three years with some being worse than others. My other sister (not the one above, lol i have a lot of sisters) had this from age roughly 18 and she has now been told she has Endometriosis...i think thats the right spelling, i have not been to GP about it so idk if i do.
I would go to GP and speak to them, you said she doesn't like going to the doctors, ik there are anti-nausea over the counter medications which are meant to be good, maybe try them.
Good luck to her x
Ps, you seem like a very nice sister
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why would she not be able to swallow tablets? They can give her anti sickness medication.
she has travel sickness tablets for travelling but thats about it. She hasn’t taken tablets so I don’t know if she can or can’t but I was assuming tablets were for those 13 and up, or 12 and up, could be wrong.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
even little kids can take tablets if you show them how. a 12-year-old most definitely should be able to.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Agashii_)
i do understand she may not like going to the doctors but i would say that's the best thing to do in my opinion. Oh i couldn't swallow tablets until like 1 year ago (I'm 18 now :rofl:) but i don't think there's anything that's strong enough if its not a tablet??
Are her periods regular? Maybe its a hormonal problem. Not a professional so i cant say BUT i had an issue with my periods and that's why they were (and still are) really painful.
I dont know enough about the pill but would that just stop her periods? I dont see how that would help with the pain?

Edit: i really don't know much about the pill so maybe what I'm saying is totally wrong but i do know some bits about periods bc of my problem
her periods were on and off at 10, properly started at 11 and was continuously on it every 2 weeks which used to happen to my other sister, now shes 12 and vomiting.

The pill may stop them or help regulate her periods
Agashii_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i think she should definitely be able to take tablets if she tried? maybe try paracetamol?
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
im not very well versed on that kind of stuff but if you think its serious i'd consider talking to your gp about it
Agashii_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes but the pill ALSO has a lot of other side effects that can be pretty damaging sometimes. I would recommend seeking professional help, finding out all the information before making an informed decision If she doesn't like going doctor, maybe go with her to act as a support figure? Shes 12 and will most likely need a guardian anyways.
Anonymous #1
she starts school from march 12th, and she will most likely not have her period when she starts school but after that from april she could and I am not sure if shes allowed to miss one day every month
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Yes, happens to me occasionally and more frequently than the average female on her period. I just suck it up and deal with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads