Woke up with blood on my hands?!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Dream_Catcher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I've just woken up as mum came in room, I think I've been asleep all day but now I'm not to sure what I've been doing. I went straight downstairs for a smoke by door with mum, I suddenly noticed I had blood on my hands, my first instinct was to get mum to check my back as I'd touched it before I realised. Mum said that my tattoo was fine, she then asked me if I'd came on to which I told her I didn't know as I'd only just woken up and I'd came straight downstairs.

After I'd finished my fag I ran upstairs to the toilet to find that I'd not came on. This made me even more confused as I couldn't and still can't think of no reason why I'd have blood on me. I washed the blood off straight away but found it was hard to get off, it wasn't new blood but a old bood that had dried.

I went downstairs and told mum that where was no explaination and also joked to her "If anyone asks I was in bed all day". My bed doesn't even have any blood on it, so it's as if it just magical appeared.

As this ever happened to anyone or does anyone have an idea where the blood could have came from?
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
nosebleed? :confused: hmm
Redpanda91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Was there a lot of blood? Hmm maybe you were bitten... or have a small cut on your head! Heads often bleed loads.... umm it must be an invisible bleeding place!
silk192
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
a cut?
Lisa.22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
have you ever slept walked before
brokenangel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
small cut
nose bleed
bit your tongue
fleur_de_haine
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You finished the cigarette before checking?

Erm, have you checked yourself all over to see if you've any cuts etc.? I wake up with blood on my sheets every now and again for some odd reason; nosebleeds etc.

Are you sure it was blood?
emilyyy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This happened to me when I was younger. My forearm was covered in blood, but the bed was clean, and I had no visible cuts etc. We put it down to a nose-bleed
Dream_Catcher
Rep:
?
It is certainly blood, I've got no cuts anywhere as I got mum to check my new tattoo which is on my back and I checked everywhere else. I carried on smoking but I was also thinking of where it could also have came from.

I've not had a nose bleed as I've checked my nasal cavity and there is no sign of blood.

What I don't understand is why isn't any blood on my bed sheets.

Also I do have a past of sleep walking, infact I sort of did this morning.

I was mean't to be in work today at 6am but I didn't go. Some time between 4:50am and 6:15am I woke up in mid dream and ran around the house looking for a girl who I believed was my sister or relative and lived in my house in the small bedroom.

I ran in there as I was mean't to be in work and I was scared incase she answered the phone. She wasn't in her room when I went in, of course, but this mad me even more scared so i ran in mum's room seen her asleep and the realised: mum had switched bedrooms not so long ago. I then went back to bed. To sleep.
eugenius 8
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
this happened to me before, found out it was a spot :p: they can give out a lot of blood :eek:
Charlski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dream_Catcher)
I carried on smoking but I was also thinking of where it could also have came from.

Maybe you coughed it up. Seriously.
OnlyMe!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I once woke up to find blood over my pillow...and face.

It turned out that I had been scratching my face in my sleep! :p:
TashH
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Charlski)
Maybe you coughed it up. Seriously.

:yep: it could be this. My friend coughed up blood once because she had a cough and scratched the inside of her throat
Fillette
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OK guys, perhaps that's enough of the funny comments, the OP is genuinely worried about this. OP, If it's old you might have touched a surface without realising- or something which had blood on it.
Or: you might have had a mini-nosebleed and wiped your nose without reailsing it was bleeding- like a reflex action. Many possibilities, it's probably nothing strange. If it keeps on happening, then see your doctor.
Rubaiyat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if you sleep with your hands near your head, then check your ears for any dried blood. ive heard of ears bleeding during sleep. if you think its this youd probably better go to A&E RIGHT NOW.

if its not this then if forget about it completely
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
To be fair, you probably shouldn't have posted this. I mean, what happens if somebody DOES go missing in your area. Although you almost certainly did nothing wrong, it would look rather incriminating!

Seriously, though, it's probably a spot or something along those lines.
englandforever
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Probs killed someone, good luck with not getting sent down or anything
Dream_Catcher
Rep:
?
LOL What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? You lot are mean't to be my alibi :p:

I might have coughed it up but I had no blood anywhere else except for on my hands.

I guess I must have touched something while out last night and it's dried up, it is the only explaination

I sleep with my hands everywhere, I'm a terrible sleeper, but I've not slept walked in a long time Maybe it's back.

Guess I'll just to see how it goes and if it carries on I'll be going the doctors.
Surprise
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
this happened to me once, I figured out I had just picked open a shaving bump spot thing on my leg while I was sleeping.
watermelon sugar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
how much blood was it? i'm picturing your hands totally drenched in blood, but i guess it was probably just a little bit?
you really could have coughed it up. me+smoking more than usual+bad cough=coughing up blood and cack ):
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (56)
24.67%
Better than expected (49)
21.59%
Worse than expected (122)
53.74%

Watched Threads