sumayaaa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
yeah yesterday i was tooooo busy and tired, i fell asleep like 3 times oops. Anyways i’m gonna start my hw now which shouldn’t take me that long hopefully. Then I’ll clean my room and chill and then do my EPQ work (editing my essay and what not). Today’s just a chill day. I’m hoping to start revision tomorrow sigh wish me luck
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
half an hour after i posted the last post, i got onto doing my work. ive just finished ONE hw so far, i've got like 3 more to go. ugh everytime i get less hw, those hw take AGES to do since its a lot. its like the teachers discuss if they're all giving hw and then decide our workload off that.

ANYWAYS, toilet and food break before i start my second hw. i hate pre-reading tasks, especially when my teacher wants it by hand, it takes AGES for me ughsdjhf ;ovhf everything takes so much time to do for me, lets hope its bc of my lack of repetition.
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
oh wow, it’s been 5 hours and i’ve done nothing looool. I mean i ended up making myself pasta and then I like to watch and eat so stupidly, i decided to start watching haikyouu (however you spell it) eventhough i told myself i wouldn’t start a new show bc 1) i get too attached 2) i already have a massive procrastination issue even without shows 3) it’s gonna be all i think about now
so that’s great. I’m currently on epsiode 6 but i’ve stopped somehow. I’m gonna try and get this bio hw done (it’s due tuesday ) or at least do all the worksheets for it today, and then the pre reading can be done tomorrow. Then I’ve got psych hw which is filling in 10 pages of my booklet using my notes, I decided to do that every second break/free period at school (it’s due wednesday). Then i’ve got a worksheet and pre reading for chem, worksheet can be done wednesday since it’s easy.
Hmmm i’m thinking i might as well get all my bio work and my pre reading for everything done today. Argh i haven’t even done my EPQ work, oh well. I’ll give myself this week to finish it off for GOOD.
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
OK it’s nearly 1am, i was watching haikyuu sigh why did i start a new show why why why why why
ANYWAYS, i’ve done my bio worksheets and i managed to sort out loose papers into folders (i need to find a folder arrangement that works bc i’m not happy with the one i do have now, i’ll do that in easter holidays bc i cba rn)

So tomorrow i’m gonna try go to the library and do most my bio pre reading at school (i’ll probably go library instead of this useless other lesson). The chem worksheet doesn’t look as easy as i thought but i’ll start that in school on wedneaday
let me be real, tomorrow i probably won’t start revision. but you know what, i’m gonna try start for at least one subject, whatever i feel like doing. And i’m gonna do my chem and bio hw tomorrow too. As long as i’m revising effectively and revising something, i’m proud. It’s been like 2 weeks i think since i started this anf it’s embarrassing that i haven’t gotten anywhere, but this is the reality of me that needs changing

anyways, wanted to speak my plans into existence so when i wake up, my mind isn’t cluttered

Good night all
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
OKAY so at school i managed to get the notes for my hw done, just need to finish and mark the practise wuestions. I’ve decided i’m gonna do the chem hw due for thursday and the psych hw due for wednesday today to get it out the way. In school, i’m gonna work on my EPQ whenever i’ve got free time. I want to be done with editing my final draft by this week, then start my source evaluation (i’ve got like 48 sources to evaluate great) and my powerpoint planning. Don’t even ask why i didn’t evaluate my sources before hand, all the sources i did evaluate were useless and i wrote my essay last minute so yeah.
I might try do some yoga too or exercise if i’m able to, but we shall seeeee
Flors
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oooo what's your EPQ on?
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Flors)
Oooo what's your EPQ on?
oop i forgot people actually read this haha

Ummm well I’m doing mine on social class and whether it affects the distribution of opportunities and resources (i’m arguing that it does). I’m speaking about it in terms of policies that make the distributions unequal and then linking it to education and healthcare to speak about how it actually impacts it (e.g. mortality rate wise within a certain class or academic grades etc)

Idk i’m not happy with my topic i’ve never been, i would’ve loved to do something psychology based but i do it for a levels. Oh well, can’t wait till i’m done with the EPQ
Flors
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sounds interesting are you looking at the Marmot review and things like that? It would be really interesting to look at inequalities and how that has really come to light during Covid-19. Higher proportion of ethnic minority people who are dying from covid and how that's linked with where they live and other lifestyle factors. I think there was a program the other day about it?

Is you EPQ linked to the course you want to do at uni? Also how far are you with your EPQ? You sound quite far along for Year 12.
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Flors)
Sounds interesting are you looking at the Marmot review and things like that? It would be really interesting to look at inequalities and how that has really come to light during Covid-19. Higher proportion of ethnic minority people who are dying from covid and how that's linked with where they live and other lifestyle factors. I think there was a program the other day about it?

Is you EPQ linked to the course you want to do at uni? Also how far are you with your EPQ? You sound quite far along for Year 12.
oop i didn’t even know what the marmot review was until i searched it up. I mean i’ve included the social determinants of health but i’ll defo research more into that. Currently i’m like 200 words OVER so i need to cut it down somehow whilst adding more (very contradictory i know)

I was going to but i felt as though bringing ethnicities into it would make it much more complicated as i’m mostly looking at class impacts, idk how to explain but thank you anyways! I swear i would love to make my EPQ more like “complicated” but i have 0 energy lol, i cba anymore after they’ve given us such poor guidance for the subject, it’s put me off

ummmm idk what i wanna do for uni, i’m stuck between psychology or medicine. i mean in a way if i’m dragging it sure it’s related, it does speak about health and i’m sure i have to be aware of someone’s social environment when working in health setting

sigh i know. Eventhough everything is like graded and given back to us (or it’s sent i’m not sure) is like may/june i think? My school wants us to finish with the essays and start our presentations, idk if it’s bc they’ll mark the essay first or what. It’s all shambolic , well i feel that way anyways.

what year are you in if you don’t mind me asking?
Flors
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Dw I ended up over I think maybe 500 words over the limit in the end and it was fine I don't think there's an upper word limit with AQA but I know someone who wrote 30,000 words for their EPQ :eek:

True bringing ethnicities in will make it 100 times more complicated because it might require looking at different cultures and that would be...long.
But you could highlight that later on and say in your evaluation or presentation about how you maybe would've have looked at race if you had the resources, time and word limit and also it's more the sort of thing you might write for a master's degree.

Yep definitely also your EPQ doesn't have to be entirely health related. Like I applied to Medicine and nearly did mine on a historical event so it's okay (In the end I did it on the psychology of psoriasis vs the pathology of psoriasis). But it makes it may be easier to talk about at interview if you want to show you've done research and you're interested in Medicine.

Wow that's quick. I've handed mine in January and it's currently being marked. We overran a bit because of the pandemic but trying to get it done by the end of Year 12 is kinda fast. Don't they kind of have to give you a year or did you start the EPQ June of Year 11. I'm in Year 13
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Flors)
Dw I ended up over I think maybe 500 words over the limit in the end and it was fine I don't think there's an upper word limit with AQA but I know someone who wrote 30,000 words for their EPQ :eek:

True bringing ethnicities in will make it 100 times more complicated because it might require looking at different cultures and that would be...long.
But you could highlight that later on and say in your evaluation or presentation about how you maybe would've have looked at race if you had the resources, time and word limit and also it's more the sort of thing you might write for a master's degree.

Yep definitely also your EPQ doesn't have to be entirely health related. Like I applied to Medicine and nearly did mine on a historical event so it's okay (In the end I did it on the psychology of psoriasis vs the pathology of psoriasis). But it makes it may be easier to talk about at interview if you want to show you've done research and you're interested in Medicine.

Wow that's quick. I've handed mine in January and it's currently being marked. We overran a bit because of the pandemic but trying to get it done by the end of Year 12 is kinda fast. Don't they kind of have to give you a year or did you start the EPQ June of Year 11. I'm in Year 13
30,000?!!!! THATS MAD
yesss i was considering that. I’d probably include that in my presentation (if we even have one) or in my conclusion i’d say “many factors would need to be considered when looking at bla bla such as ethnicity” or something idek
ahhh i see. I meannnn in a way the health category can kinda be linked to medicine, but it’s more of me knowing about the resources (for example the quality of the NHS compared to private healthcare) not the actual treatments and causes of that makes sense

Ouuu, good luck in your exams or however they’re assessing you guys! Nope, we started it in september, although the first month was just us finding our teachers and getting assigned to one lol. My teacher said that everything should be sent off to grade by June 11 or something like that if i remember correctly? Idk why we have to finish the essay so soon tho, like I would’ve loved to give the final one in along with my work since I feel like i rushed it. Oh well, it is what it is
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
okkk i was gonna update this morning but tsr was down or something
Yesterday, pls i tried exercising for THIRty minutes and it took me 2 HOURS, i didn’t even exercise properly. sigh. Then, as i was getting changed and starting my laptop up to finish off my hw, i fell ASLEEP. this was at like 9.30 and i slept for an hour. I woke up half naked and confused lol then i realised. Anyways, only reason i woke up is bc i always wake up from sleep if i accidently sleep and haven’t brushed my teeth before hand or washed my face (it’s weird but i’m just wired like that). I did most my hw and then went back to sleep.
I just had to green pen my work and highlight it to make it look nice so i did this at form today (went to the library first to print out my questions). I got it done in time wooooo
My teacher wants to check all our independent work/books next week, GREEAATTT. Ive done 0 so i’m gonna have to scrap together all my worksheets and all my flashcards tests papers everything to make it seem like a lot and pray. also, in two weeks i’ve got progress checks for everything before Easter so yep.
Ive also gotta prep for a EPQ presentation and start on that.

Okkkkk so I got home at 4 so I’m gonna go eat now and start working around 5:15 - 5:30. I’m gonna do my hw due for tomorrow, and the hw due for thursday. I am going to do my EPQ for an hour, then i’ll pick something to revise for 1/2 hours. My sister ( a personal trainer) is doing a fitness session at 7.30 for like 40 mins so i’ll also do that. After that, i’ll take an hour showering and what not bc i KNOW i’ll be drained probably. After that, hopefully i’ll do more EPQ work or i’ll get started on the hw due for next week or actually i could do hw tomorrow during my free periods, maybe i’ll do more revision

Anyways wish me luck
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
I haven’t even started my work yet, i finished eating and watched two episodes of haikyuu (nearly done with season 1, i could’ve finished it in a day if i had the time).
anyways i’m gonna try start now
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
I haven’t even started my work yet, i finished eating and watched two episodes of haikyuu (nearly done with season 1, i could’ve finished it in a day if i had the time) and also had to look after my baby nephew
anyways i’m gonna try start now. I’ll try do my hw, work out at 7.40, shower, continue to finish my hw for weds and thursday, EPQ for an hour or however lont, then if it’s around like 10 i’ll watch another episode and then sleep, if it’s earlier than that (which i doubt) i’ll start my chem hw due friday.

tomorrow during my free period, I’ll finish off thursday hw if i haven’t already and then start the hw due on friday and the one due tuesday
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
i’m writing this at 7.44 on the 17th as i walk to the station

yesterday:
i felt so demotivated, so angry with myself that all my progress had “gone”. a week of eating bad and not exercising made me feel ****. The old me would’ve stopped at this. The old me would’ve said that’s norma lol but the “new” me feels disgusted. I only lasted 10 minutes in the workout when I used to be able to push myself to 40 mins somehow. I decided I was gonna force myself to cry it all out and i did (well 90% of it). I told myself no more sulking, i was gonan get a grip and shower it all off, do my psychology hw. And that’s what i did.

Today:
I woke up for the morning session, I prefer the morning sessions as i’m fresh minded and it reallt does set my days standards. Today, i managed to do around 20-30 mins with my camera on, for the rest I turned my camera off and missed about 10-20 mins. I get angry and annoyed with myself but I realised, hey i actually did more than yesterday. I shouldn’t compare myself to two weeks ago if i’m gonna compare myself negatively. I should look at 2 weeks ago as a goal, not as a “look what you did before and now you can’t do it”. I won’t lie, I am still annoyed but I’m tryna flush it out with good thoughts. I keep telling myself wow how could you not finish that but let me not forget, I am gonna try complete 8K-10K steps AND ontop of that I am gonna revise today. I should be proud of myself, this is a step up from before.
There’s only 5 more days left till my sisters programme ends, yes the programme was from 2 march till the 23rd and yes perhaps more than half i didn’t push myself but I can still complete it. It doesn’t have to be a chore.
I feel like this programme made me realise i don’t like programmes, I like being able to decide what I want to do and what time, i like going on youtube and searching for good ones and switching it up. I like taking pauses sometimes during the workout, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. But luckily, only 5 days left
I showered and I’m already on the train at 7.55, usually i’m on the train by 8-8.10. Working out in the morning does make me feel better, regardless of my thoughts telling me it’s not enough. Mindset is everything. Yes i may not have the willpower to push to 100% rn, but if I give 100% of my 40%, that works out too. I’ll build it up slowly, Rome wasnt built in a day. I have time, I’m in no rush. I’ve spent 16 years being lazy and doing nothing, now at least I’m doing something even if it goes slow.
At first I thought this was so embarrassing, me having a planner (well more like a journal now) for 2 weeks and getting no where, but I mean luckily I have no pride lol. I’m embarrassed yeah but too bad for me lol. I don’t mind embarrassing myself if it means one day I’ll be able to look back on this and Id be in a better position. All this self talk used to cringe me out but I’ve forced myself to do it, regardless if it’s cringey. If you think you know me, then don’t❤️.
ANYWAYS, long story short being here is an accomplishment in itself. Sure my mindset isn’t the best right now and I’ve got a long way to go, but I prefer being here then where I was previously with my *****y mental health and not being able to get out of it. But hey, somehow I’m here now and I became my own therapist lol. Writing it out does help, I would love to write it by hand as I feel like it feels better i can’t explain but anyways if you’re still reading, thank you.
Today is gonna be a better day then yesterday. I’m gonna be nice to myself. I’m not gonna say my plans for today as I feel like i spend too much time planning and not much time actually doing. Once I actually do it, I shall update you guys on what i planned to do and if i actually did it
One step at a time guys one step at a time. Tomorrow i’m also gonan wake up for the morning session, I’m already dreading it but I’ll
try not to dwell on it, i will focus on today. Then on friday it’s a break day, then saturday sunday workout, monday break day then tuesday is the final day. All i’m gonna think about is today was the last wednesday workout, tomorrow is the lady thursday workout. And so on.

Okay anyways i’m walking to school now, this took me a long time to write lol, i wanted to find the right words. I could write another page of self reflection but let me not lol. I feel like writing it for others to read helps me more than if i were to write it for myself, idk why. Maybe it’s bc i’m like validating it and sort of “speaking it into existence” idk

yeah i know for a fact what i wrote in the morning is cringe but let me not read back before i delete it. I’m so tired i’m gonna go sleep pls.

Today I did my chem hw for tomorrow in school, also started my bio hw for next week. I did the worksheets due for bio next week, will try to do the pre reading tomorrow and friday during any free time/breaks. I will then probably get another bio pre reading tomorrow, chem practical questions (ontop of the ones already due next week) and then psych hw. That’s fine, i could finish it all by friday if bothered.
Today i wanted to spend 9-10 doing my EPQ but nope, crying baby lol. I’ll just try again tomorrow since no hw will consume my time.
tomorrow i’ll wake up in the morning and workout, go school. Probably come home, chill till like 7/8, do EPQ. I realised i can’t just suddenly start doing work at 5.15 when i come home at 4, that’s like me trying to wake up at 3am if i usually woke up at 7am. I’ll slowly lower down the time i start work but for now, it’ll be around 7-8. I’m so tired i cba to do work rn bc i know it won’t be of good quality so i’m gonna go sleep

good night all and well done if you read this long ass post

ewewewewewweweew i’m recalling what i wrote on here and i’m CRINGING i’m so tempted to delete this but i shall keep it on as it’ll be good to reflect on
Last edited by sumayaaa; 3 weeks ago
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
i’m currently sitting in form
I slept around 10.15, woke up at 5:30. I decided to attend the afternoon workout session or just do it with the recording, taking my own breaks as today I have a full day with all my subjects and I need to save as much mental & physical energy as possible lol. I then fell asleep again and woke up at 6.30 , i watched two episodes of haikyuu. I’ll probably finish it by next week and then i’m NOT ATARTING ANY NEW SHOWS.
my phoen died from 100% to 0% smh so now i’ve got 37% smh.

sooooo when i get home, i’ll try start working at 7. I’ll try do my EPQ draft work for at LEAST 2 hours. Tomorrow in my EPQ lesson i’ll focus on my presentation but also do some of my draft work.
That means over the weekend i’ll have less hw and hopefully will be able to revise more, that’s if i don’t have to babysit. I need to start revising for my progress checks which is the week before easter so that i don’t flop.
I never wanna fall behind again lol not with anything. I’m gonna motivate my lazy side by telling myself if i catch up and keep up with the work, i won’t have to do extra work or catch up with lots of work again
Last edited by sumayaaa; 3 weeks ago
WrenTheBest2004
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sumayaaa)
you can ignore this or read it, idm. At this stage, I really need to stop procrastinating and get work done, so hopefully, me publically announcing it helps out. This whole thread is just me blurting out what i need to do tbh

i take a level AQA biology, OCR A Chemistry, AQA psychology, and AQA epq and I'm in year 12. feel free to contribute, again, idm.

okaaaay so im 1 month behind on biology content (only for one teacher) but he's bad so i'll just revise myself and just catch up with the content from this week (as in the week that just went by). Also need to finish off my psychology lesson from friday and do my chem lesson from Thursday. Cant forget the christmas holiday hw i never did oops

to do list for tomorrow:
- bio mon and thurs lesson
- friday psych lesson and hw
- chem lesson and hw
- christmas hw (chem mostly and also psych revision booklet)

im gonna start revision this week. as long as I make a start, I am proud. Rather do something than nothing. For now, I'm going to shower and go to bed before 11 and try waking up early
Aqa biology year 12 too!
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by WrenTheBest2004)
Aqa biology year 12 too!
wooooo! How you finding it all?
WrenTheBest2004
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sumayaaa)
wooooo! How you finding it all?
Okay. Failed last 2 tests tho.
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by WrenTheBest2004)
Okay. Failed last 2 tests tho.
sigh, been there too many times
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads