ckane03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
How does the accommodation application process work for first years?

My friend said for her uni she got sent a confirmation email with a number to place with her application, I confirmed MMU as my firm choice in early January and I haven’t received anything from them since I applied through UCAS
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ckane03)

My friend said for her uni she got sent a confirmation email with a number to place with her application, I confirmed MMU as my firm choice in early January and I haven’t received anything from them since I applied through UCAS
Different unis process firm and back up offers in different ways. MMU is a huge uni so I guess they are dealing with a lot of applications.

The accommodation process normally kicks in around July when everyone has made their firm and backup choices. The uni you have selected as your firm choice and your back up uni will email you with details about accommodation available. Most unis guarantee a place in Halls for first years but some unis cannot do this because of numbers so provide lists of private accommodation available near the uni campus.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

Hiya!

I would recommend emailing your housing team at the university's that you wish to attend. They will be able to provide you with some more information about when they will be sending out the application forms, where you usually will have to rank your preferred accommodations for the uni and send it off.

Then after that- make sure to ask when you will hear back from them- you will hear back what your confirmed uni accommodation will be!

Sam- Official Student Rep
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago

HI ckane03 :hello:

We guarantee to make an offer of university-approved accommodation to all full-time undergraduate students studying at Manchester Metropolitan University for the first time, who register by Thursday 5 August. Registrations and bookings open late March (date to be confirmed) for new students with a ‘conditional’ or ‘unconditional firm’ offer. When registration opens you will need your MMU ID number (this can be found on your offer letter) to register your interest. If you wish to find out more about our Accommodation process you can here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/accommodation/how-to-apply

I hope this helps! You can also take a look at all of our halls of residence we have available here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/accommodation/our-halls There are photos and videos to give you the full experience of our accommodation!

Carly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.01%
No I am happy with my choice (61)
54.95%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads