stefan05
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey, i was looking into studying in japan because of the quality of education over there and the culture, i personally really like japan and it seems like a great place to live, but ive been trying to do research on studying abroad and i have found nothing that answers several of my questions, so i decided to come here.
Would it be possible to study in Japan after i finish my GCSEs? What would their equivalent of a levels be over there? Or would i have to continue a levels here and do university there? Also, when do i get my expected a level grades as i saw that some universities accept a level expected grades . I have my GCSEs in 2022.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by stefan05)
Hey, i was looking into studying in japan because of the quality of education over there and the culture, i personally really like japan and it seems like a great place to live, but ive been trying to do research on studying abroad and i have found nothing that answers several of my questions, so i decided to come here.
Would it be possible to study in Japan after i finish my GCSEs? What would their equivalent of a levels be over there? Or would i have to continue a levels here and do university there? Also, when do i get my expected a level grades as i saw that some universities accept a level expected grades . I have my GCSEs in 2022.
That is not realistic. Your best shot is probably to do A levels here and then do a degree in Japanese studies or one that includes a Year Out in Japan.

You apply for uni in the Autumn term of year 13 (second year of A levels) with predicted grades. Unis give offers based on you achieving certain grades but if you don't reach those grades the offer can be taken away.

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/u...course-profile

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergra...s-ba#entryreqs
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Finish your A Levels, learn some Japanese, and then do a relevant degree, like https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/u...anese-studies/ which will take you with even beginners level Japanese, and includes a funded Year Abroad.
stefan05
Rep:
?
is Japanese studies a requirement for most Universities over there? I would like to study computer science in university.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by stefan05)
is Japanese studies a requirement for most Universities over there? I would like to study computer science in university.
Can you speak Japanese?
stefan05
Rep:
?
no but that makes it pretty clear lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise