The Student Room Group

my mum blocked my boyfriend on all socials

hey guys, i just want to see whether you think i'm in the wrong or my mother?
so back in november, i invited my boyfriend over when my mum was out. it was a stupid thing to do however i knew my mum would never allow me to have him over even just to make food and stuff. so he just came over and we made food and just did fun stuff. there were absolutely no bad intentions there and it was a very innocent day. however, my neighbour saw him leave my house and told my mother. she took my phone and blocked him on every social media i have (insta, snap and tiktok etc. she even blocked everyone with his name on facebook in case it was him and he doesn't even have Facebook!) I know it was wrong of me to invite him over, especially because of the reason i knew my mum wouldn't allow it makes it worse, but i just wanted to do normal things teenage couples do? there were no bad intentions there at all, however i understand if it does seem that way. anyways months down the line, i have to log in to my second account on instagram (the only account my mum doesn't know about) to speak to him. And this can only last about 5 minutes a day and some days i can't even speak to him at all. However we do have a shared playlist on spotify, so we use this to communicate by adding songs with the names of the messages we want to send(if that makes sense?!!). now i am not allowed to meet my best friends (only 1 at a time for exercise which is allowed), some who really need me as they are going through such bad times, however it has been 4 months and i am still being punished for a mistake i made. i have been trying to rebuild her trust ever since but she is trusting me even less than before and she has no reason to. I just think it is so controlling the fact that she blocked him on everything, and still will not allow me out of my own home as she has such a fear i will meet him? its just so strange to me that she is so invested in my life and controls it so much. i go back to school next week and she won't even let me get the bus like i have for 5 years now in fear i will meet him in the morning. I'm so embarrassed to go back as everyone knows about it and i'll be known as the one with the psycho mum as people are saying. please help i need to know if what i have done deserved all of this??
Original post by Anonymous
hey guys, i just want to see whether you think i'm in the wrong or my mother?
so back in november, i invited my boyfriend over when my mum was out. it was a stupid thing to do however i knew my mum would never allow me to have him over even just to make food and stuff. so he just came over and we made food and just did fun stuff. there were absolutely no bad intentions there and it was a very innocent day. however, my neighbour saw him leave my house and told my mother. she took my phone and blocked him on every social media i have (insta, snap and tiktok etc. she even blocked everyone with his name on facebook in case it was him and he doesn't even have Facebook!) I know it was wrong of me to invite him over, especially because of the reason i knew my mum wouldn't allow it makes it worse, but i just wanted to do normal things teenage couples do? there were no bad intentions there at all, however i understand if it does seem that way. anyways months down the line, i have to log in to my second account on instagram (the only account my mum doesn't know about) to speak to him. And this can only last about 5 minutes a day and some days i can't even speak to him at all. However we do have a shared playlist on spotify, so we use this to communicate by adding songs with the names of the messages we want to send(if that makes sense?!!). now i am not allowed to meet my best friends (only 1 at a time for exercise which is allowed), some who really need me as they are going through such bad times, however it has been 4 months and i am still being punished for a mistake i made. i have been trying to rebuild her trust ever since but she is trusting me even less than before and she has no reason to. I just think it is so controlling the fact that she blocked him on everything, and still will not allow me out of my own home as she has such a fear i will meet him? its just so strange to me that she is so invested in my life and controls it so much. i go back to school next week and she won't even let me get the bus like i have for 5 years now in fear i will meet him in the morning. I'm so embarrassed to go back as everyone knows about it and i'll be known as the one with the psycho mum as people are saying. please help i need to know if what i have done deserved all of this??

how old are you?
Talk on Email?
Talk on Google hangouts?
Talk on TSR PM's??
Reply 3
Original post by deadroseex
Talk on Email?
Talk on Google hangouts?
Talk on TSR PM's??

she would even find out about this as she checks my emails and most things:frown:
Reply 4
how old are you?

15, almost 16
My friends and I used to use Google docs for school work and talk by commenting on documents.
Also, nobody's allowed out of the house at the moment. It's lockdown.
When you have strict parents you use sneaky ways of communicating lol.
Reply 7
Original post by OctoberRain7
My friends and I used to use Google docs for school work and talk by commenting on documents.

i'm aware of lockdown, hence the reason i referenced it in the post. my point was you are allowed out to exercise and she won't even allow me to go on a run or walk in my own village by myself as she is too scared i will meet my boyfriend, which i wasn't even planning on doing.
Reply 8
Original post by OctoberRain7

also, thanks for the google docs idea i will try and set it up
Reply 9
When you have strict parents you use sneaky ways of communicating lol.

i knowww lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending