Sophmp18
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am in year 11 and need to decide on my a levels. I am interested in doing history or archaeology at uni, but I haven't decided yet. I know to do archaeology I need 2 science a levels. Does anyone know what counts as a science a level? I am interested in psychology but I don't know if this counts??
beanxyz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i think it depends on which uni you want to go to. check their course offers and subjects.
chloe0804
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
My friend does archaeology at York and didn’t take any science alevels
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I don't know off hand of any unis requiring science A-levels for an archaeology degree. Taking a science A-level might be helpful but isn't necessary by any means (maybe for a course in archaeological science specifically they might expect at least one science A-level). If UCL and Cambridge (arguably the "top" archaeology departments in the UK; it seems like a very large proportion of archaeology academics passed through the Institute of Archaeology at UCL at some point especially, at either undergrad, masters, or doctoral/postdoc level) don't require science A-levels for their archaeology courses, I think you are fine without them.

Sandtrooper might be able to give some advice on what might be helpful background from A-level for archaeological degrees, but really I think any subject combination would be suitable. Just focus on taking what you find most interesting and enjoyable.
Last edited by artful_lounger; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (157)
44.23%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.27%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (29)
8.17%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (75)
21.13%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.58%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed