The Student Room Group

What would happen if I only get 2:2 degree? Thx

Hi guys,

I'm in my 2nd year now, and my grades for the last term just reached 50, I don't think I can get a 2:1 degree when I graduate...

As far as I know, if I wanna apply for a master course, a 2:1 degree is necessary. Does it mean I couldn't apply for an MA course with 2:2? I've been studying as much as I can before the assignments but I still got these poor grades... I'm kinda losing my motivation on uni...
Hello! It really does depend on where you want to apply for your masters. Some places only require a 2:2 and others who state they require a 2:1 will actually accept a 2:2, they just don't advertise it (I've worked in admissions for one of these Universities). I really wouldn't give up hope of doing a masters if that's what you want to do!
Reply 2
Original post by KristinaMaria
Hello! It really does depend on where you want to apply for your masters. Some places only require a 2:2 and others who state they require a 2:1 will actually accept a 2:2, they just don't advertise it (I've worked in admissions for one of these Universities). I really wouldn't give up hope of doing a masters if that's what you want to do!

Hey there,

Thanks a lot for your comment :smile:
I just googled couples of good colleges info about MA course and all of them say the requirement is 2:1, does it mean I need to have a good part job experience or smth else to help me when I wanna apply it? Cause my current grades are in a lower 2:2, i am not sure they would like to accept me when they see my poor grades..

Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest