Why is balance important for (slalom) skiing? GSCE PE

Watch
emilyineedhelp
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi please could someone help me to answer this question in a pe components of fitness aspect, thank you so much!
Callum McCourt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm not sure how many marks this question is but the key points would be to say:

In slalom skiing, the athlete has to change direction as effectively and as quickly as possible at speed. To do this they need good balance in order to obtain the best position over the skis. As the skill of balance is the ability retain the centre of mass above the base of support while stationary or moving, dynamic balance (balance while moving) would be essential to obtaining the best time possible on a shalom course. Therefore, the skill of balance is important in the sport of shalom skiing.

Hopefully this helps, I got an 8 (A*) in my OCR GCSE PE but that was 2 years ago so I could be wrong
emilyineedhelp
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Callum McCourt)
I'm not sure how many marks this question is but the key points would be to say:

In slalom skiing, the athlete has to change direction as effectively and as quickly as possible at speed. To do this they need good balance in order to obtain the best position over the skis. As the skill of balance is the ability retain the centre of mass above the base of support while stationary or moving, dynamic balance (balance while moving) would be essential to obtaining the best time possible on a shalom course. Therefore, the skill of balance is important in the sport of shalom skiing.

Hopefully this helps, I got an 8 (A*) in my OCR GCSE PE but that was 2 years ago so I could be wrong
Thank you! That is very helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (200)
43.67%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.14%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.64%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.4%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.9%

Watched Threads