The Student Room Group

english language

can anyone help me with a reading paper 10 marker?
what question?
Reply 2
97C708E7-017F-4024-A52D-2C615302F856.jpegF54FD8B1-3663-409E-AFBA-4BD81FAC05E3.jpeg i’ve been trying to answer this for 3 hours but i can’t :frown:

Original post by anonymouslmao
what question?
The question wants you to focus on the way that the writer is trying to convey his message. Focus on the way he describes the situation, and the type of language he uses. I think i've done that question in revision a while back, but the three points that the question gives you are the fundimental basics of what your answer needs. I recommend developing what the writer was trying to say in the extract as this would demonstrate knowledge of the text provided. For 10 marks i wouldn't go over 3 paragraphs, as long as they are well structured. Apart from that template it out like this:

The writer talks about how NHS staff are overworked, underpaid and underappreciated, this is made obvious when he talks about how "...."
Here, (he/she) use [technique] in order to portray the idea of [idea]
This may result in the reader feeling [emotion, or further idea]
This is supported by "...." and just place a quote that is relevant to the point your making.

This should help you answer the question, and if you've got any other questions feel free to ask.
Reply 4
Original post by ImCalledMav
The question wants you to focus on the way that the writer is trying to convey his message. Focus on the way he describes the situation, and the type of language he uses. I think i've done that question in revision a while back, but the three points that the question gives you are the fundimental basics of what your answer needs. I recommend developing what the writer was trying to say in the extract as this would demonstrate knowledge of the text provided. For 10 marks i wouldn't go over 3 paragraphs, as long as they are well structured. Apart from that template it out like this:

The writer talks about how NHS staff are overworked, underpaid and underappreciated, this is made obvious when he talks about how "...."
Here, (he/she) use [technique] in order to portray the idea of [idea]
This may result in the reader feeling [emotion, or further idea]
This is supported by "...." and just place a quote that is relevant to the point your making.

This should help you answer the question, and if you've got any other questions feel free to ask.

thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest