Jade1211
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I was wondering whether anyone knew how quiet accommodation at Birmingham worked? I was wondering whether the quiet flats tend to only be available in 1 or 2 particular halls, and if so which halls they tend to be in? Thanks!
grengabs
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm interested in this too. Are quiet flats for students who take intense courses and are they less sociable? Or are people who live in quiet flats still sociable but not a big fan of parties?
UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by grengabs)
I'm interested in this too. Are quiet flats for students who take intense courses and are they less sociable? Or are people who live in quiet flats still sociable but not a big fan of parties?
(Original post by Jade1211)
Hi! I was wondering whether anyone knew how quiet accommodation at Birmingham worked? I was wondering whether the quiet flats tend to only be available in 1 or 2 particular halls, and if so which halls they tend to be in? Thanks!
Hi,

When you apply for your accommodation everyone can fill out a separate form and on it you can tick a box saying you would like to be in a quiet flat. I was in a quiet flat in Tennis Courts in first year. Quiet flats are still sociable and often people request them if they aren't interested in clubbing/parties. I am pretty sure all accommodation has a few quiet flats, so just apply to the ones you like the sound of.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have anymore questions.
Erin
Jade1211
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences)
Hi,

When you apply for your accommodation everyone can fill out a separate form and on it you can tick a box saying you would like to be in a quiet flat. I was in a quiet flat in Tennis Courts in first year. Quiet flats are still sociable and often people request them if they aren't interested in clubbing/parties. I am pretty sure all accommodation has a few quiet flats, so just apply to the ones you like the sound of.

Erin
That’s so good to know, thank you so much!
grengabs
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences)
Hi,

Erin
I've heard Tennis Courts is known for its parties. Did you find the noise from other flats bothered you?
UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by grengabs)
I've heard Tennis Courts is known for its parties. Did you find the noise from other flats bothered you?
Hi,
I had had heard that too prior to moving in, but I don't think it's necessarily true. Tbh there will be parties (Covid dependent) regardless of the accommodation you are in. The walls are fairly thin so it could be noisy at times, but I think that's standard for most accommodation. It's not ideal, but you get used to it and it's not every night. Normally everyone leaves to go out by 11 anyway and so it quietens down after then at least.
Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.6%
Uncertainty around my education (197)
15.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (142)
11.07%
Lack of purpose or motivation (182)
14.19%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (57)
4.44%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.61%
Loneliness (113)
8.81%
Financial worries (45)
3.51%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (58)
4.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (59)
4.6%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.3%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (113)
8.81%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (118)
9.2%

Watched Threads