Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi! I'm looking into accommodation at Nottingham and have aspergers, so I'd prefer a quieter flat. I've seen that Lincoln hall is a quiet hall but was wondering whether any self-catered halls have a reputation for being particularly loud or quiet? Thanks!
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! I'm looking into accommodation at Nottingham and have aspergers, so I'd prefer a quieter flat. I've seen that Lincoln hall is a quiet hall but was wondering whether any self-catered halls have a reputation for being particularly loud or quiet? Thanks!
I dont think private halls offer quiet halls, if you need more options then perhaps look at the really small halls as these are less likely to attract super-sociable people (I think Albion & Riverside are on the smaller side).

I would email the accommodation service team after applying them notifying them that you have aspergers and need a quiet hall on medical grounds and they should hopefully prioritise you.

The other option is private housing.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by mnot)
I dont think private halls offer quiet halls, if you need more options then perhaps look at the really small halls as these are less likely to attract super-sociable people (I think Albion & Riverside are on the smaller side).

I would email the accommodation service team after applying them notifying them that you have aspergers and need a quiet hall on medical grounds and they should hopefully prioritise you.

The other option is private housing.
Thank you so much, that’s really helpful! I’ll have a look into the smaller halls
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed